Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Just don't let it accumulate in the door jams from rain, etc. I did that once and it was like concrete trying to get it off
    I moved my grandmother's car today and it's been sitting for months which has included cycles of pollen and rain. The wipers were nothing short of glued to the windshield. I had to physically tear them out of their stuck position.

Mileage: 62,307

• Refreshed the front roundel after the clear coat had started cracking (not sure why). I got it as a bundle for two since the roundel on my sister's 330Xi was really bad.
    • Checked the oil level since having changed the oil a few weeks ago with Rotella T6 and a low level oil light was triggered on Sunday. Sitting just a smidge below full.
    • Topped off the coolant with distilled water.

William's 330Ci ZHP Maintenance and Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mileage: 62,307

• Refreshed the front roundel after the clear coat had started cracking (not sure why). I got it as a bundle for two since the roundel on my sister's 330Xi was really bad.
    • Checked the oil level since having changed the oil a few weeks ago with Rotella T6 and a low level oil light was triggered on Sunday. Sitting just a smidge below full.
    • Topped off the coolant with distilled water.
    How many miles between the oil change and the yellow light trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post

I’m guessing it’s a faulty sensor as he said the level was just below full...

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post

Ah I thought he added oil and now it’s a smudge near full. Didn’t think it would be a faulty sensor as he replaced it recently...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    San is correct, I changed my sensor only last year if memory serves. The oil light went on approximately two months after I changed it. I'm not concerned, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I live on a hill and no matter what direction I go I have to go downhill for a solid 5 minutes, which probably pushes oil away from the sensor in the oil pan, giving a higher chance for triggering a false positive for low oil

My oil light came on soon after I swapped it too... because it was low on oil
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

My oil level sensor is a little weird. It’s accurate when it comes on and it’s usually half a quart low. But the light doesn’t come on if I drive too little or too much. If I drive a mile or two it doesn’t come on even if the oil level is low and it doesn’t come on if I drive more than 30 miles or so. So if I’m making only trips more than 30 miles, then my oil level sensor won’t tell me that the oil is low. I can understand it not coming on when I haven’t driven enough cause it’s probably the intended design to prevent a false fail.

I noticed this behavior in my car as well... it's always after a longish trip that is comes on
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I think the dipstick is a crap measurement on these cars. I went through the same ordeal -- yellow oil light comes on after shutting off the car, check the dipstick, level is perfect, wtf, repeat. I finally changed the sensor thinking that it was faulty, but noticed that I only drained maybe 5 quarts of oil when I was doing it...dipstick still read normal...fudge

Page 82 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast