Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1102
    Mileage: 84,268 miles

Did a factory reset on my Xtrons head unit. So far the head unit seems to be much faster and responsive than prior to updating the software. Time will tell if it sticks.

Mileage: 85,334 miles

Did a little maintenance today.

Pulleys
    Replaced the idler pulley (11287841228) and the tensioner pulley (11281748131), both INA branded. The AC pulley may be due at some point.

Windshield wipers
    Replaced the windshield wipers using BMW (61610037009). Will warranty with FCP

Replaced the windshield cowl
    It was cracked and old. Easy enough to replace, but was thankful to have this windshield wiper puller from Amazon purchased previously to pull off the windshield wiper arms. Replaced with BMW (51718232894).

I am hoping to do the G.A.S. DISA rebuild kit tomorrow, along with replacing the upper and lower intake boots, cleaning the ICV, and installing my ZHPizza Labs' high flow throttle body. Maybe rotate the tires as well, as they're due.

Well done, Curves. And congrats on your post # 10,000.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Very nice Will!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Well done, Curves. And congrats on your post # 10,000.
    Thank you kindly! A good 50% of those must have been during my craze of posting all the ZHPs I could find on Craigslist and AutoTrader a few years ago.

Mileage: 85,343

DISA Rebuild
    I ordered a German Auto Solutions (G.A.S.) DISA rebuild kit a long time ago, and finally got around to installing it yesterday. I used their installation instructions as well as the video below as references. My DISA was in pretty good condition: it has good vacuum per their test, the bell crank lever didn't show much in the way of wear, and it was very hard to get out the steel guide pin. I did note that a decent amount of rubber gasket was missing from the u-shaped portion on one side where the edge of the flapper valve meets the DISA housing. Hopefully that is not a big issue. Downside is I didn't figure in the 12 hour recommended time to let the Locktite to cure so I had to leave it at my folks' place overnight and reassemble it today.

Installed ZHPizza's Custom 72mm Throttle Body
    Also purchased a while ago, but felt it was time to install it. While in there I also replaced the throttle body gasket (13547504729, Elring). Per ZHPizza's quik mafs, it is 13% larger area than the stock throttle body for the zoom zoom. Time will tell how what kind of noticeable power gains and/or vacuum leaks it produces. I will say I hope it's all hunky dory because I do *not* want to have to access the throttle body again anytime soon (see: tight work space and a dropped hose clamp that had to be retrieved from the recesses of the engine bay by pulling out the belly pan ). I referenced this Pelican Parts guide for access, as well as YouTube videos like the one below:

Replaced the upper and lower intake boots
    While I was in there for the throttle body replacement, I figured it was worth replacing the upper (13541438761) and lower intake boots (13541438759) (both Rein). Mine were in good shape, but I think it worth replacing 16 year old rubber on these cars.

Cleaned idle control valve (ICV)
    Since I was already in the area of the ICV by way of accessing the throttle body for upgrade, I decided to go ahead and clean my ICV. I referenced the second video above as well as the one below as a procedure guide. My ICV was in good shape when removed, and easily made the clackity sound of a healthy ICV when you shake it back and forth. But I hit it with some Gumout carb/choke/parts cleaner in both ends, wiped it with a paper towel, sprayed some more in, let it dry, and did one more round. Nice and clean now.

Serviced GruppeM Ram Air Intake
    My used GruppeM was last serviced 12/2016, and had been through two summers of forest fires and crap air quality so it was due for a service. It was very grimy upon removal, but I still had my K&N filter kit (part no. 99-5000) from the first time I recharged it so I sprayed it with the cleaner on both sides, let it sit for 10 minutes, rinsed with low pressure cold water from the inside out, and repeated once more whereby the water ran clean. It is currently drying and I will oil it once I am certain it is dry. Unfortunately, the gasket that sits between the carbon fiber shield and the intake filter disintegrated, so I am working on sourcing either a factory or alternative part, depending on what GruppeM has to say.

EDIT: This is what GruppeM had to say:
    Unfortunately this cannot be purchased separately. You would have to purchase a new filter or figure out a way to repair it using some sort of gasket material from your local hardware store.
    Installed BMW Performance Intake
    Per the pending recharge/service of my GruppeM intake, I'll be using my BMW Performance intake as a substitute. I haven't driven with it for some time, and it will confound my butt dyno and review of the big bore throttle body, but c'est la vie.

Side note: I finally decided to read what the exact distances different tones from my parking distance control (PDC) signify, and it seems like it is activated by objects within five feet, and hard tones at twelve inches, which fits with my experience.

Last edited by BMWCurves; 11-08-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Will, you can a replacement Gruppe M air filter from ECS Tuning but I don't know if it comes with that gasket you're taking about...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-gruppe-m.../rf-3301a~grm/

Thanks! Yeah, the gasket I am now led to believe is built in/glued to the flange of the filter. So options are to find another gasket, or buy a new filter. I recall San finding a K&N filter a long time ago that was less expensive than the GruppeM one, but I'm not sure of the part number.

EDIT: Here is San's thread. At the time five years ago, prices were still in the neighborhood of $200, so with inflation, prices are improving! Just kidding, the link San found is now $245, but with the link you posted to ECS, it's only $180. Also, there's a link at the end of that thread to nengun.com, and the RF-3301A filter for the E46 M54B30 Ram Air intake is $125.25 currently. I have no idea if nengun is a reputable seller, but they are from...Japan. Depending on how I feel...

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, the gasket I am now led to believe is built in/glued to the flange of the filter. So options are to find another gasket, or buy a new filter. I recall San finding a K&N filter a long time ago that was less expensive than the GruppeM one, but I'm not sure of the part number.

EDIT: Here is San's thread. At the time five years ago, prices were still in the neighborhood of $200, so with inflation, prices are improving! Just kidding, the link San found is now $245, but with the link you posted to ECS, it's only $180. Also, there's a link at the end of that thread to nengun.com, and the RF-3301A filter for the E46 M54B30 Ram Air intake is $125.25 currently. I have no idea if nengun is a reputable seller, but they are from...Japan. Depending on how I feel...

I don’t think it’s glued or built in to the filter. At least it wasn’t on mine when I got the replacement filter.
    Also the $245 price is AUD not USD, so with conversion it’s about what ECS is asking, plus shipping extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I don’t think it’s glued or built in to the filter. At least it wasn’t on mine when I got the replacement filter.
    Also the $245 price is AUD not USD, so with conversion it’s about what ECS is asking, plus shipping extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two important points to consider! Thanks, San. I'll be perusing Home Depot/Amazon/etc to see if I can find something first, like this pressure cooker gasket

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast