Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Mileage: 78,192

As mentioned in a previous post, when I had my car in for some maintenance about three weeks ago, I had asked the mechanic to throw a brake caliper clip I had purchased into place since mine had gone missing a long time ago. He put it on and as his wife brought the car around, it somehow popped off and jammed into the driver's side rear rotor, making a huge gouge. He was nice enough to offer to replace both rear rotors free of charge, but he had to hunt high and low for a replacement BMW Performance set. He finally found some somewhere on the east coast, and they were the last pair in the US, at least in the BMW dealer system. So those were installed today, I think the part numbers for both rears is 34210431907.

I also meant to replace my AC and drive belts since they're five years old and it's cheap insurance. Unfortunately, I completely forgot that my Turner Motorsport power pulleys use a longer drive belt, so that was a bust. It's still a Continental branded belt, but does anyone know the part number? I've emailed Turner about it.

Also, does this drive tensioner pulley sound shot?

https://streamable.com/d88bve

That link is to the power pulley kit, but where did you find that part number for the belt? I can't find it on there.

EDIT: oh you zoomed in on the pics like any regular person would

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mileage: 78,192

As mentioned in a previous post, when I had my car in for some maintenance about three weeks ago, I had asked the mechanic to throw a brake caliper clip I had purchased into place since mine had gone missing a long time ago. He put it on and as his wife brought the car around, it somehow popped off and jammed into the driver's side rear rotor, making a huge gouge. He was nice enough to offer to replace both rear rotors free of charge, but he had to hunt high and low for a replacement BMW Performance set. He finally found some somewhere on the east coast, and they were the last pair in the US, at least in the BMW dealer system. So those were installed today, I think the part numbers for both rears is 34210431907.

I also meant to replace my AC and drive belts since they're five years old and it's cheap insurance. Unfortunately, I completely forgot that my Turner Motorsport power pulleys use a longer drive belt, so that was a bust. It's still a Continental branded belt, but does anyone know the part number? I've emailed Turner about it.

Also, does this drive tensioner pulley sound shot?

https://streamable.com/d88bve
    Looked up my orders and it was 6pk1590 for the turner pulley kit.

Also that pulley is on its way out. Suggest replacing the idler pulley and the tensioner pulley for the engine. The a/c pulley comes with the mechanical tensioner so the whole unit is replaced.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Looked up my orders and it was 6pk1590 for the turner pulley kit.

Also that pulley is on its way out. Suggest replacing the idler pulley and the tensioner pulley for the engine. The a/c pulley comes with the mechanical tensioner so the whole unit is replaced.

That's what it sounded like, but if that is the case, then it seems like the pulleys are failing prematurely; they have less than 30k miles on them and just over 5 years old. How long do they normally last?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's what it sounded like, but if that is the case, then it seems like the pulleys are failing prematurely; they have less than 30k miles on them and just over 5 years old. How long do they normally last?
    30k is on the low side. Usually they are toast around 50k.

Did you have the caps on the front of them? Usually dirt gets into the bearing and ruins them.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    30k is on the low side. Usually they are toast around 50k.

Did you have the caps on the front of them? Usually dirt gets into the bearing and ruins them.

Yup, caps are on, haven't removed them since I installed them. They were pretty clear of dust or other grime.

Received my Blackstone oil report

Rod bearings is a common replacement item on the M54 over at the German forums, so I wouldn't really worry about it. Nothing out of the ordinary. Any reason you went with the longer interval? (I might have missed it in the thread) They run really long intervals over in Europe, which is probably why they see rod bearing failures. American E46s tend to get mileages that they can only dream of, thanks to short oil change intervals that are common here.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Rod bearings is a common replacement item on the M54 over at the German forums, so I wouldn't really worry about it. Nothing out of the ordinary. Any reason you went with the longer interval? (I might have missed it in the thread) They run really long intervals over in Europe, which is probably why they see rod bearing failures. American E46s tend to get mileages that they can only dream of, thanks to short oil change intervals that are common here.
    What are oil change intervals like in Germany? That's quite surprising, I've only ever heard of rod bearing issues with the M engines
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast