Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FungShui View Post
    Looks good and the price is right.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Bought some items for the car:
    • Jack mounting screw (BMW) - 71126755390
    • Trim panel clip (BMW, 20x) - 51418224768
    • Trim panel clip (BMW), 9x) - 51418224781

The jack mounting screw snapped so I'm replacing that, and the trim panel clips are in pursuit of rooting out the rattles in my doors. I'll also be purchasing Boom Mats (link) after reading Ssparrow's review of them (link).

Also decided to use PA Soft to clear some old codes and see what remains. Only one error was left in the ABS module:

Any idea what that is?

That's basically a communications error on the CAN bus... same as a regular computer. DME didn't receive data in a predetermined timeframe from another module. What it means seems to be a mystery. I was helping another member that was getting that error a while ago... never did find a solution and it didn't affect his performance or anything else... as far as clearing it, you may have to use DIS to clear it. Some errors have to be cleared through a diagnostic routine...otherwise you can probably just ignore it
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's basically a communications error on the CAN bus... same as a regular computer. DME didn't receive data in a predetermined timeframe from another module. What it means seems to be a mystery. I was helping another member that was getting that error a while ago... never did find a solution and it didn't affect his performance or anything else... as far as clearing it, you may have to use DIS to clear it. Some errors have to be cleared through a diagnostic routine...otherwise you can probably just ignore it
    Sweet, thanks for the input. I figured it wasn't a significant issue. I recently had to stop hard enough to engage ABS thanks to a classic oblivious Oregon driver and it worked perfectly. No lights on the cluster, etc so I'm not particularly worried, just wondering what it meant.

It has been a year to the day since I bought it. I have loved every day of it. It's been a joy to work on and to drive.

Checked the odometer this morning: 53,834 miles.
    Miles driven in the last year: 4,470.

It's not much but I work from home and everything I go to during the week is within 10 miles. I'll most likely rack up a lot more miles this year as I'm planning to change jobs.

More miles = more smiles.

Go out and drive...

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    More miles = more smiles.

Go out and drive...
    That's for sure. Looking forward to great weather this summer to enjoy on some back roads

Decided to get off my butt and fix the rear deck rattle I've had intermittently. I posted a question thread about it a while ago here, and decided to settle on Milano's twist on the tennis ball method. Instead of a tennis ball, I used three FloraCraft Styrofoam cones from Michael's:

http://www.michaels.com/floracraft-s...M10213118.html

The specifically the 2 7/8" x 5 7/8" cones. I used this DIY guide to pull the sub out from the trunk and place the cones. I placed one cone in each hole of the trunk's metal with the tip headed outboard toward the side of the car. The third cone I stuffed in rearward between the two holes, facing to the right. Hopefully that'll put enough pressure on the rear deck lid to keep it from rattling. I put the cones in pretty snugly so they felt secure and then put it all back together. I'll update after I've driven it around for a while blasting J. Bieb bangers (jokes). Time for some deep bass DUBSTEP (WOMP WOMP)

EDIT: I've had some time playing various types of music with differing chief frequencies and didn't hear a peep of deck rattle. The solution seems to work well (for now). It did however highlight the door rattles I have so I look forward to replacing all the door clips with new ones that have foam or rubber. I also plan to purchase some Boom Mats for sound insulation, and finally, I have to decide if I want to swap my door cards for the M3 ones I have laying around.
    Pics

The cone:

Subs disassembled:

Rear trunk holes with loose sound deadening:

View of the port trunk hole with cone installed:

View of the starboard trunk hole with cone installed between holes and on the far right:
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 03-27-2016 at 09:18 AM.

I should also add that now that I've had some time with the APEX wheels and Continental DW tires that I am very satisfied. Although I'm not sure I notice that much of an increase in straight line acceleration as some others have described, the feels much more planted and secure in the corners. I can chuck it in and it grips like hell. With all traction control turned off, I can accurately rotate the car with the accelerator. It is beautifully balanced and the car feels very well suited. That's all with the added benefit of a noticeable improvement in ride comfort.

Brilliant documentation. Scanned most of this thread. Great contribution to the community. Thank you.

Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast