Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1102
    As mentioned over at the "How many miles did you drive in 2022?" thread, I only drove 4,334 miles this year, but that's mostly down to being a resident intern and having no real time to drive, except to and from work, and I live near my program's main hospital.

The stats:
    Mileage at end of 12/31/22: 91,000
    Mileage on 01/01/22: 86,666
    Total miles driven 2022: 4,334
    Estimated mileage for 2022: 7,500
    Percent difference in estimated vs. actual: -42%
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 01-01-2023 at 10:00 PM.

I am prepping to do my OFHG replacement in a few weeks, I have stuff for an oil change and the oil filter housing gasket itself. What else do I need? I'll be following this guide that seem straightforward: https://blog.fcpeuro.com/how-to-repl...s-line-bmw-e46

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I am prepping to do my OFHG replacement in a few weeks, I have stuff for an oil change and the oil filter housing gasket itself. What else do I need? I'll be following this guide that seem straightforward: https://blog.fcpeuro.com/how-to-repl...s-line-bmw-e46
    It’s pretty straightforward, just a lot of fasteners. Just get a good torque wrench. Don’t want to snapping bolts while torquing down the OFH bolts.
    You can replace a lot is things while you’re there but other than that, you don’t really need a lot of parts or tools while replacing the OFHG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Buy new crush washers for the VANOS oil feed line. If you're loosening the top and bottom, get 4. If only the bottom, get 2. You don't need to loosen the top unless you're replacing the line.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    It’s pretty straightforward, just a lot of fasteners. Just get a good torque wrench. Don’t want to snapping bolts while torquing down the OFH bolts.
    You can replace a lot is things while you’re there but other than that, you don’t really need a lot of parts or tools while replacing the OFHG.
    Have a torque wrench figuratively in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Buy new crush washers for the VANOS oil feed line. If you're loosening the top and bottom, get 4. If only the bottom, get 2. You don't need to loosen the top unless you're replacing the line.
    Perfect. I replaced the VANOS oil feed line a few years ago, so I don't need to replace it.

Mileage: 92,090

Maintenance update: Finally got around to replacing the OFHG. Boy was it oily down in there, with tons of crud/dirt/grime all in those wings/fins of the main housing. Pretty straight forward, really. I sat there for a little bit confused because I glossed over the need to remove the bolts the power steering pump in order to get the oil filter housing loose. Had to remove the power steering pump pulley as well as the Turner power pulleys have an extra lip over stock that meant I couldn't fit a socket over one of the bolts. Other than that, not too many issues. No pictures, was in a bit of a rush.

References:

I'll be moving to NYC in late June so I'll be leaving my car behind at my folks' place for at least the next year. Just getting her up to date on maintenance and trying to figure out the best storage solution.

Other maintenance items:
    List updated as of 05/03/2023
    Green = parts already purchased
    Maintenance
    Fluids
    • Brake fluid: Overdue, have spare bottle of Pentosin DOT4 LV (Currently ATE SL6-1)
    • Power steering fluid: Overdue by a few thousand miles (30k interval) and about one year overdue for flush (five year interval). Continue to use ATF. See below regarding power steering lines.*

Mechanical items
    • Power steering lines: Leak noted previously by my mechanic. Relatively sure it's the feed line (32416774215[?]), but may also be the return hose (32416796390) or suction hose (32416750155). Should also just assess if other lines/components need to be replaced.*
    • Replace lower coolant hose (11531436408) at next coolant flush (82141467704) next year.
    • Replace soft fuel lines to/from fuel filter.
    • Replace differential bushings: One of them (unclear which) was found to be cracked by BMW dealership during complementary inspection. Will purchase OEM rubber parts (front: 33176770788, rear: 33176751808).
    • Adjust upper (13541438761) and lower intake boots (13541438759): Replaced when installing ZHPizza's large bore throttle body, but don't seem perfectly aligned (some bend in the upper intake boot).
    • Replace AC blower: Although squeaking/fluttering sound has improved, will at some point need to replace the AC blower motor
    • Replace driveshaft guibo/flexdisc (26117511454) and the center support bearing (26127501257). DIY guide here.

Exterior
    • Repair cracked/dying rear window gaskets using this guide
    • Replace or renew fading side markers
    • Replace right tail light for three dead LEDs in the medial line of vertical LEDs of the brake light
    • Find screw for front license plate bracket

Miscellaneous
    • Replace spare tire: I believe mine is original and should be replaced (I think it is T125/80R17)
    • Get alignment following Bimmerworld spherical RTAB installation (see below)***
    • New tires, the PS4s are wearing out.
    • Find a replacement for the Xtrons headunit, it is SLOW

Modifications
    Suspension

Engine/drivetrain:

Electronics
    • Recode the car as a convertible to have one touch up/down windows: Using this guide. Would also require new center console trim and window switch (61316902183)
    • Install M3 gauge cluster if someone can figure out coding the shift lights for a manual, non-M car.
    • Install Bavsound Stage 1 speaker kit

Interior

Exterior
    • Purchase/paint brake calipers black using G2 kit
    • Install used OEM Shark Fin

William's 330Ci ZHP Maintenance and Project Thread

Install M3 gauge cluster if someone can figure out coding the shift lights for a manual, non-M car.
    I wrote up a DIY to install an OEM M3 gauge cluster.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...etrofit-Thread

Since your car is a coupe all you need is to have your RPM Red LEDs changed (contact info provided in DIY) so the new red line starts at 7k rpm (changing out two amber LEDs for red LEDs.

Then contacting Dimitri in Vienna (contact info in DIY) to have an interface box made that will have the OEM M3 gauge cluster work in your ZHP.

I did my retrofit in this manner and have a functional Gauge cluster including shift lights I was not able to find any information on how to code in the DME and Gauge Cluster to work although I know Terraphantm (Mirza) had done the programming. I reached out to him when I began my OEM M3 gauge cluster project and he never responded so I found another solution which also works then wrote up and posted the DIY here to help others . . .

Very impressive list!!

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 05-04-2023 at 02:33 AM.

Will, I also recommend replacing the VANOS oil supply line and banjo bolts while you're doing your OFHG. Also get the Viton gasket as it will last much longer than the oem one.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bavarian...21719855v~bav/

I would rather do this once than having to do this again because the gasket failed a few months later...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Will, I also recommend replacing the VANOS oil supply line and banjo bolts while you're doing your OFHG. Also get the Viton gasket as it will last much longer than the oem one.
    I did! Well, I replaced the VANOS oil feed line a while ago when I replaced my VANOS. This time I replaced the crush washers and banjo bolts. And I used a Viton gasket from Bavarian Autosport (now owned? by ECS Tuning).

As for the cluster, very much on my "to do in the future" list, but unlikely to be done soon. I loved reading your write up, very straightforward, although it'll take some time before I'm there

I did! Well, I replaced the VANOS oil feed line a while ago when I replaced my VANOS. This time I replaced the crush washers and banjo bolts. And I used a Viton gasket from Bavarian Autosport (now owned? by ECS Tuning).

As for the cluster, very much on my "to do in the future" list, but unlikely to be done soon. I loved reading your write up, very straightforward, although it'll take some time before I'm there
    When you are ready to do the M3 Gauge Cluster retrofit . . . if you decide to go with my DIY, don't hesitate to contact me to go over everything if you need

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast