Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Nice, I've been contemplating an interior swap as well! I would like to get rid of some (not all) the grey I'm just not sure how to source what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shawn, 801

Quote Originally Posted by Ssparrow View Post
    Nice, I've been contemplating an interior swap as well! I would like to get rid of some (not all) the grey I'm just not sure how to source what I want.
    I never realized your interior was gray. That might be tough to pull off the two-tone, but could end up looking great. If you're looking to switch to black, it will be less difficult than any other interior. I would just start looking for local part out cars.

Also, if you're in the midst of swapping out interiors, I can't say enough good things about the M3 seats. They're comfier and I love the side bolsters and added support. They require a little modification to fit in sedans, but otherwise plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I never realized your interior was gray. That might be tough to pull off the two-tone, but could end up looking great. If you're looking to switch to black, it will be less difficult than any other interior. I would just start looking for local part out cars.

Also, if you're in the midst of swapping out interiors, I can't say enough good things about the M3 seats. They're comfier and I love the side bolsters and added support. They require a little modification to fit in sedans, but otherwise plug and play.
    Yeah that's the problem, i was thinking doing two tone black and gray door panels, but I think it would clash with the dash. Definitely something that won't happen for a while. I'd like to get some other stuff tackled first!

Shawn, 801

The dash is pretty easy to find. I had a former member here smolck ship one to me. Black carpet was a bear to source as most cars in junk yards don't have glass, etc and is exposed to the elements and the carpet is not something they are usually willing to "pull". After many months of searching I found a place in NYC that had one and was willing to remove it and sell. Colin stopped thru there on his way back from spring break at The Cape. I just sold it to John who bought Colin's car (along with the dash and most of the black bits needed for a swap--man there are a lot of tan parts on these cars.

He's a member here and does a bit of parting cars on the side. Perhaps he's willing to sell them.

Placed an order for:
    • 2 liters of Pentosin DOT4 LV brake fluid since I'm at the 1 year mark.
    • Noico-branded 80mm foil/butyl mat
    • Noico-branded 157mm foam mat

I'm hoping to do the following over the next week or so:
    • Oil change with Mobil1 0W-40 oil
    • Install new oil level sensor (BMW, 12617508003) and possibly a new gasket for it (BMW, 12611744292)
    • Perform a brake fluid flush using aforementioned Pentosin DOT4 LV brake fluid
    • Swap out my door cards, rear passenger side cards, and rear passenger seats with the M3 interior I have
    • While I'm in there swapping interior parts, I'll use the sound deadening material I ordered throughout the car. I'll be using Trevor's (Rovert) guide here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ound+deadening. Since I ordered 372 feet of each material, I'm hoping I'll have enough left over for either my sister or my father's car, or to sell it to someone here that's interested in a similar job. I plan to use an iPhone decibel meter app to get a rough idea of difference in sound deadening before and after. I don't expect much, but maybe a little bit at highway speeds.

Nice! Good call on using a decibel meter to test the before and after.

Do you plan on using a pressure bleeder or the two man method?

Shawn, 801

Nice! Good call on using a decibel meter to test the before and after.

Do you plan on using a pressure bleeder or the two man method?
    Pressure bleeder. I have one from the last time I did a brake flush.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Pressure bleeder. I have one from the last time I did a brake flush.
    Well worth the investment.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Well worth the investment.
    yep. love mine. should've gotten it sooner. (as it is with all tools... )
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

The sound deadening mats and brake fluid arrived. First, I completely skipped that the thicknesses were measured in mils rather than mm I really should know better. I'm not worried about that causing any issues. Second, the Noico butyl mats are heavy. It is 372 feet of material, but still, heavy. Looking forward to putting this stuff everywhere inside the car.

I am, however, rethinking doing any car stuff this weekend since tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be near or over 100F which is way above the norm for this time of the year. The record high for June 4th is currently 91F set in 1987, and the record high for June is 102F, set in 2006. Thanks global warming.

My plan is still the same, though. I'll take the car out for a drive to set a baseline dB value on my favorite road coasting at about 35mph, same road under load, and another one on the highway under constant load. They're by no means scientific values, but will be used as an estimation for before and after for sound deadening. I'm excited to get my M3 interior in and to have my car up to date on maintenance!

Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast