Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1102
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah looks like I paid $162.62 for an OEM one on eBay in 2018. That was worth just knowing it would work whereas any used one is a ticking time bomb.
    Yeah, I hear you. Definitely how I'd usually approach this, but seems I might have a line from a member on a used one that's in good condition for half that, so is worth a shot, IMO.

Out here acting like I need a driver's side taillight like some kind of NUMPTY

Mileage: 82,258 miles

My my passenger side tail light (63216920700) stopped working about two weeks ago for unclear reasons. I assessed it was the whole unit and not the wiring to the tail light when I swapped it out for my father's tail light, which worked fine. PdZHP was kind enough to sell me a used unit for a decent price. The package arrived quickly and was wrapped nice and safely inside. The unit itself had two flaws:
    1. The inner rubber gasket that lines the trunk gutter was old and torn and
    2. There was a dead spider in the housing

Solutions? I looked around the intertubes and while there were a couple of threads on both topics, there was scant advice on actual solutions. I did find that the plastic part with the rubber seal can be replaced (63216933018, see below).

The plan: swap the covering from my now non-functioning tail light to the new (to me) used unit. I first attempted to slide it out using hands, some pliers, then vice grips, to no success. Pictures provided on ECS Tuning clued me in to the fact that two of the ridges appear to sort of lock into place, preventing removal. So I used some needle nose pliers to bend each fin away from the ridge they rested on and was able to separate it from both tail light units easily enough without damaging them and swap them over. A quick check to confirm the new tail light works (it did) and was quickly reinstalled! In the back of mind it is also nice to know that the part I swapped over is less than $20 if I had broken it.

As for the spider...I have no idea how to remove that and I wasn't about to risk breaking it open to get out a small thing that is barely visible. Overall, not too bad.

I did not notice the spider, sorry about that! Hopefully your zhp is back safely on the road 👍

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP, Silver Grey Metallic, Dinan: Stage 2 Software, High Flow Intake,
    Free Flow Exhaust, Front Strut Bar, Stage 2 Suspension System, Staggered Hartge Replica Wheels,
    M3 Mirrors (Side and Interior), M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    I did not notice the spider, sorry about that! Hopefully your zhp is back safely on the road ��
    No worries! I'll be the only one that notices and I'm sure my selective memory will forget which side it is in due time, I'll look at the driver's side and go "oh, it's gone" and forget all about it.

Mileage: 82,xxx (I'll fill this in later)

My local BMW dealership pestered me with emails, texts, and phone calls for the past week to get me in for a courtesy inspection including wiper blade replacement and top off of fluids. After the fifth phone call I figured, eff it, I'll get me some free wiper blades. Fast forward to this morning, I ask the service advisor to put the old wiper blades in the trunk afterwards, and was unaware that a courtesy inspection has ever included wiper blades (it definitely has in the past) and was reticent to do it. I handed over the keys a little more apprehensive and proceeded to wait over two hours. Despite that wait, the wiper blades were not replaced, but that really shouldn't come as any surprise. The found the following items on inspection:

• Leaking upper radiator hose - "Cooling system appears original." I replaced it myself in 04/2015 at 49k miles. It is possible it is leaking, but definitely not original.
    • Leaking oil filter housing gasket - Original. Do these break down at ~80k miles? Likely now it's more brittle than my emotional state
    • Leaking oil pan gasket - Same as above.
    • Rear differential bushing split - Wouldn't surprise me just due to aged rubber.
    • Brake pads: 11mm front, 7mm rear - Replaced 12/2015 at 52k miles.
    • Tire tread depths: - Fronts: 4mm, rears: 5mm - Replaced 04/2020 at 74k miles. Do Michelin 4Ss really degrade that quickly over 8k miles?

Thoughts? Of course no mention of the power steering line leaking that has been noted by my mechanic. Yet another five star experience at the stealership.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mileage: 82,xxx (I'll fill this in later)

My local BMW dealership pestered me with emails, texts, and phone calls for the past week to get me in for a courtesy inspection including wiper blade replacement and top off of fluids. After the fifth phone call I figured, eff it, I'll get me some free wiper blades. Fast forward to this morning, I ask the service advisor to put the old wiper blades in the trunk afterwards, and was unaware that a courtesy inspection has ever included wiper blades (it definitely has in the past) and was reticent to do it. I handed over the keys a little more apprehensive and proceeded to wait over two hours. Despite that wait, the wiper blades were not replaced, but that really shouldn't come as any surprise. The found the following items on inspection:

• Leaking upper radiator hose - "Cooling system appears original." I replaced it myself in 04/2015 at 49k miles. It is possible it is leaking, but definitely not original.
    • Leaking oil filter housing gasket - Original. Do these break down at ~80k miles? Likely now it's more brittle than my emotional state
    • Leaking oil pan gasket - Same as above.
    • Rear differential bushing split - Wouldn't surprise me just due to aged rubber.
    • Brake pads: 11mm front, 7mm rear - Replaced 12/2015 at 52k miles.
    • Tire tread depths: - Fronts: 4mm, rears: 5mm - Replaced 04/2020 at 74k miles. Do Michelin 4Ss really degrade that quickly over 8k miles?

Thoughts? Of course no mention of the power steering line leaking that has been noted by my mechanic. Yet another five star experience at the stealership.
    Oil leaks and diff bushings - yes, they are likely bad. Combo of miles and age.

Tires - Michelin PSS lasted about 35k miles + whatever miles Dan had done (2-3k maybe) + a track day

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

PO replaced OFHG at 96k miles. I did again at 144k miles. Oil pan gasket was done at 91k miles and 143k miles.

I bought Michelin PS All Season 4 recently. My goal is to get more miles for my money : warranty is 45k miles for non-staggered set. Pilot Sport 4s has warranty of 30k miles.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Might I suggest using a Viton OFHG from (what was BavAuto)? No complaints on mine so far but I don't have much mileage on it

Edit: Found a place selling it for cheaper here too
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Might I suggest using a Viton OFHG from (what was BavAuto)? No complaints on mine so far but I don't have much mileage on it

Edit: Found a place selling it for cheaper here too
    That is what I will be using for next time. I installed OEM one three years ago and already see that filter housing area is getting moist. Probably put 30k miles since the install.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mileage: 83,047

Changed my oil at 82,790 miles on 05/21/21 and sent a sample off to Blackstone for a quality report. Seems my engine keeps producing a little too much lead for some reason:

Crossed 83k miles yesterday:

I hear this rhythmic clunking sound that is kind of like a heartbeat (two beats followed by a pause) when the key is in position 2. It disappears when I turn off the cabin fan. Does not change whether AC is on or not. Seems to come from the from the driver's side of the dash. Any thoughts? See video below:

Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast