Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,034 of 1034

Thread: William's 330Ci ZHP Maintenance and Project Thread

Awesome work! And thorough documentation, too.

What's the diameter / thickness of the gasket you're trying to replace? Wondering if something like a foam weatherstrip seal from Home Depot would work (link)

If you need an extra pair of hands for work on your car PM me, I'm in the PDX (Hillsboro area) for a while (open ended trip).

deleted.
    Last edited by Will; 11-09-2021 at 06:49 PM. Reason: double posted.

Update after a few spirited drives with the G.A.S. DISA rebuild, new intake boots, and large bore throttle body:
    I do notice a moderate improvement in the 4k power dip that I was starting to notice recently, but otherwise my butt dyno isn't feeling much in terms of a bump in power or throttle response. Per ZHPizza's FS Thread, ZHP_Brandon felt:

On the highway, 4th & 5th seem to have a slight blip more in throttle response but I guess that is to be expected. Passing someone didn't feel like a chore in the last two gears like it once was. So my consensus is this, it feels to me that the car breathes more freely climbing through the RPMs. 3rd gear seems to have gained the largest change, don't ask me why. 3rd gear would normally be a spry sprint into the 5500-7k range but now it feels much more severe, almost like it wants to climb faster? Idk
    Source: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...954#post600954

Overall, not upset by it since I didn't expect much, and more just pleased knowing I have a clean-ish ICV, new boots, a rebuilt DISA, and maybe some power/throttle response improvement

EDIT: Forgot to add - I miss my GruppeM intake. BMW Performance is night, but it lacks the growl of the GruppeM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Awesome work! And thorough documentation, too.

What's the diameter / thickness of the gasket you're trying to replace? Wondering if something like a foam weatherstrip seal from Home Depot would work (link)

If you need an extra pair of hands for work on your car PM me, I'm in the PDX (Hillsboro area) for a while (open ended trip).
    Sorry for the late response, I somehow missed it.

Honestly, that weatherstrip seal isn't a bad option. My only real concern is whether it could handle engine compartment temperatures and not melt/fail in some manner.

Also, thank you for your offer to help, I appreciate it! I'll let you know if anything comes up. For the moment I'm okay.
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 11-17-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Glad that worked out

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104