Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I should have been more clear. I plan to do the alignment once I have the FCABs and RTABs done. I already have the Z4M FCABs ready to go, but I'm for advice on which RTABs I should get, the Z4M ones or the M3 ones, along with what limiters people prefer (I was looking at Vorshlag, but I know Derbo likes his TMS ones). Any preference or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yeah, I should have been more clear. I plan to do the alignment once I have the FCABs and RTABs done. I already have the Z4M FCABs ready to go, but I'm for advice on which RTABs I should get, the Z4M ones or the M3 ones, along with what limiters people prefer (I was looking at Vorshlag, but I know Derbo likes his TMS ones). Any preference or advice?
    I did OEM RCABs about a year ago and I'm perfectly happy. Such a small bushing, I don't see what the gain would be.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Roger. Appreciate for the advice. I ended up going with the Z4M bushings (part no. 33326770817) from Vorshlag plus their limiters.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I did OEM RCABs about a year ago and I'm perfectly happy. Such a small bushing, I don't see what the gain would be.
    guy, i believe william was referring to RTABs, not RCABs - which are you referring to?

for RCABs, i am replacing with stock except for the outer units - using the OEM 'ball joint' (upper) in the lower location as well (this is how the M3 is).

for RTABs, i have powerflex and am not thrilled with them. i have a set of the bimmerworld sealer sphercial (actually sealed OE 'ball joint' type - like the outer RCABs) ready to go in. looking forward to seeing how they feel.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I was waiting to see if you had installed those spherical bushings but decided to just pull the trigger on Z4M ones, since people have used them and seem to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    guy, i believe william was referring to RTABs, not RCABs - which are you referring to?

for RCABs, i am replacing with stock except for the outer units - using the OEM 'ball joint' (upper) in the lower location as well (this is how the M3 is).

for RTABs, i have powerflex and am not thrilled with them. i have a set of the bimmerworld sealer sphercial (actually sealed OE 'ball joint' type - like the outer RCABs) ready to go in. looking forward to seeing how they feel.

peter
    Yup, OOPs! I did mean RTABs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I was waiting to see if you had installed those spherical bushings but decided to just pull the trigger on Z4M ones, since people have used them and seem to like them.
    i have not installed them yet. i have such a pile of parts to install... i want to take the car off the road for a week to install them all, and between work, family and our nutso schedule - have not been able to yet. we've got a 4-week stretch that we're home coming up after labor day weekend, so i am aiming for then. i will definitely post up afterwards.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I remember saying you had a slew of things to do but hadn't had the time. I'm excited to see what you think of the spherical bushings.

I remember saying you had a slew of things to do but hadn't had the time. I'm excited to see what you think of the spherical bushings.
    me too. the problem is, i am replacing bushings, shocks, mounts, etc... it might be hard to decipher!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    me too. the problem is, i am replacing bushings, shocks, mounts, etc... it might be hard to decipher!

peter
    I'm in the same boat. I had planned to do the shocks/struts with the FCABs which would have made it hard to tell the difference between the new bushings and new shocks but I didn't have time. So now I'll have to try and an decipher the difference between the FCABs and RTABs once they're installed. Then the difference with a good alignment. And the Shark Injector, etc.

Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast