Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 38 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I replaced the nuts but don't think it's necessary and I haven't replaced the engine mounts yet but will do soon...
    Cool, I'll get just the mounts. Also discovered my cap to my xenon bulbs is missing on the passenger side. I'll have to pick that up (63126934753).

I'm still weighing an M3 cluster, so I mocked up a very crappy overlay of where the relative RPMs and speeds will be with the M3 cluster vs. standard ZHP cluster:

Went to pick up my car from the mechanic today. The brake fluid (Pentosin DOT4 LV) was flushed and the air valve for the passenger seat was installed (67668385631) except now the air pump stopped working despite voltage coming through. I'm going to let him keep it and see what comes up.

In other news, I purchased M3 engine (11812283798) and trans mounts (22322282340), as well as a headlight cover (63126934753). Hopefully I can install these soon, along with my planned M3 interior swap and sound deadening.

Nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Received my LED turn signal bulbs from eBay. It came in a padded envelope and they bulbs themselves are sealed in an anti-static package. Once I get my car back (will be next week) I'll see if they'll actually fit since the LED bulbs are quite a bit longer than the factory incandescent bulbs.

Original eBay listing here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380773599038

Cool! I look forward to how these fit and perform on your car before I pull the trigger
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Received my M3 trans and motor mounts from FCP today, along with a headlight cover for my passenger headlight and some new cabin filters for the 540i. Now I just need to get my car back from the mechanic (still waiting on the side bolster pump to arrive from ECS) and find time to do the interior swap, turn signal bulb swap, and these mounts. Time crunch for sure.

Just got in my rien power steering feed line i give it a thumbs up was just worried about the hoses looking like sht but they look good
    Z4M FCAB's , M3 Strut Bar , Front Shock Tower Reinforcement Plates , M3 Engine Mounts , ECS Black Kidney Grilles , Satin Black Apex ARC-8 17" x 8.5" Squared set up, Alcantara Coby wrap w/ Blue stitching

Quote Originally Posted by MtechJon View Post
    Just got in my rien power steering feed line i give it a thumbs up was just worried about the hoses looking like sht but they look good
    Cool, thanks for following up!

Finally got my car back from the mechanic, it feels so good to be driving my car again. I had been driving my father's E39 540i but that went to the shop so then I shifted over the the NA Miata which is nice but not my favorite daily driver (it also now has a flat tire )

The mechanic did the following (@ 54,914 miles):
    • Brake fluid flushed as well as the clutch line flushed with Pentosin DOT4 LV. I provided 2L of fluid and he went into the second bottle in order to get bubbles to stop coming out of the calipers. Brake pedal feel is great now, definitely firmer earlier than before.
    • Replaced the passenger lumbar and side bolster pump. Originally the side bolsters would fill but not empty, so he replaced the valve unit that had failed. However, after doing that, the air pump failed (it inflates both the lumbar bladder and the side bolster bladders). He ordered the air pump (52107902273) through ECS that arrived late Thursday and replaced it yesterday. Turns out it comes with a new valve unit anyways, so he removed the new one he had installed and just used the whole pump assembly. Now it all works, thankfully.
    • Repaired the seat heating function to my passenger seat. Originally it didn't work but in the process of the mechanic fixing the air pump he saw that the wires had just be shorn because the harness was in the wrong place and had been worn down. He fixed that as well, very happy!
    • He cleared codes (my laptop that I use for PA Soft has died) and found what I think is my DME software number(s): Basic control module (7561382) and Programmed control module (7561522). Not sure if those are the correct numbers or note. Can anyone chime in with more knowledge?

When I got home I replaced the missing headlight cover (63126934753) on the passenger headlight. I needed to shift the windshield wiper fluid reservoir out of the way to install it which was easy enough, it is just a single 10mm hex screw.

I then attempted to install my eBay 7440 LED turn signal bulbs. To be able to get at the turn signal bulb socket it's easiest to remove the whole headlight assembly out a bit. To do that, I had to remove the bottom trim which I failed out, but I was able to pull it far enough out of the way that I could shift the headlight assembly out to reach the turn signal bulb socket (I kept the windshield washer fluid reservoir loose so I had better access to the headlight as well). I discovered though that the LED bulbs are too long and look out of place in the headlight. Video below.

The headlight cover:

Headlight cover installed:

Difference in turn signal bulb length:

One of the LED bulbs installed. It's tough to tell, but it sits pointed down compared to the factory bulb and just looks out of place and incorrect:

Page 38 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast