Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Car first, studies later. lol
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Car first, studies later. lol
    I wish!

I got my stainless steel brake lines from Tuner Motorsport along with a final stage unit for my father's E39 540i which I swapped out earlier today. I am seriously considering doing the clutch/brake bleed myself so that I can swap out the brake lines, clutch line, and perform the CDV delete all in one go while also possibly getting a chance to paint the OEM calipers black. If I do, that whole project will probably be put on hold until June. I think I'd purchase this brake bleeder kit from ECS if I did: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...uid/ES2765516/ (used and suggested by Shawn AKA Ssparrow here).

Other things coming up/I'm waiting on:
    • Waiting on my BMW Performance brake rotors to arrive that I purchased from Tippey764 last week. I don't think I'll swap out the rotors until I get new pads, which I also need to look into.
    • I have an appointment to get my car tinted next week. They use SunTek films which worked well on my previous car. I don't want to get it too dark, maybe 40 or 45%.
    • I need to make an appointment to have an alignment done, have my windshield washers inspected as they currently do not work, and get the power steering fluid flushed.
    • Waiting to hear back from Bimmian if their color-matched painted reflectors (linked) will fit the ZHP coupe bumper.

Name:  dHTa0Bz.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  479.9 KB

Received my BMW Performance brake rotors in the mail today. Those suckers are heavy. No pics, I did a quick inspection to make sure it was all in order and then put them in storage for the time being.

Think they are worth it ? Was thinking of getting a pair

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Only time will tell to see if they were worth it. I figure I'd give them a shot since they'll last me a while. Some things I considered when purchasing them:
    • They are BMW and I like to use as many BMW parts as possible.
    • Supposedly shed about 3 lbs per wheel in the front. They're still plenty heavy though and give me an appreciation of carbon ceramic brakes.
    • They were discounted through Tippey and were $550 before shipping, as compared to ~$720 elsewhere (about 24% off). Cheaper than anywhere else I've looked, but definitely more expensive than stock rotors and other drilled rotor sets I've seen.
    • They don't have any sort of plating on them so the drilled holes will get rusty. I think I saw Charlie's M3 with Performance rotors and they had rust on them. Not a big deal, just something to consider.
    • I read up on the basic differences between types of rotors and found that these should have a slightly higher bite, wet performance, and lower weight in the front due to the floating design. Seemed like good reasons, link to material here: http://www.zeckhausen.com/How_to_sel...ake_rotors.htm

Wonder how long they will last.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Plus they look good.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Wonder how long they will last.
    I don't plan to track the car so they'll only see street use. I imagine they could make it through two sets of pads with a resurfacing when replacing the pads. Maybe I'm just being hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Plus they look good.
    Part of why I picked them up! In the long run I hope to get some Apex ARC-8's and so the rotors will be easier to see behind those wheels.

Gave her a bath today, she's coming up on her 50k birthday. Those wheels are a pain in the ass to clean, looking forward to getting a set of Arc-8's soon. Still need to vacuum the interior tomorrow. The car gets tinted on Wednesday!

Name:  IMG_0293.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  1.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Gave her a bath today, she's coming up on her 50k birthday. Those wheels are a pain in the ass to clean, looking forward to getting a set of Arc-8's soon. Still need to vacuum the interior tomorrow. The car gets tinted on Wednesday!

Name:  IMG_0293.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  1.09 MB
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast