Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Don't want to hijack your thread but I will be selling my Gruppe M soon, tell them to check our classifieds soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Will do. But they're eagle-eyed fellows. They'll probably spot your ad quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah, dude. Recall issued airbags are good. The secondary recall was to check cars that weren't originally part of the recall, but may have had the airbag replaced during regular [post accident?] service during the time that they were installing the yellow tagged claymores.

Not that that helps you and the other neurotic mafiosos sleep any better. Y'all gotta check it out for yourselves, of course.

Misread the point of the most recent recall.

Forgot to add:

(07/07/2017) - 56,148 miles

Added a bottle of Red Line SI-1 fuel injector cleaner with <1/4 tank of gas remaining since it's been 6k+ miles and I figured it'd be good to clean out the injectors after having sat for six months. Topped off with a full tank of gas.

Purchased the following from FCPEuro:
    • Exhaust gaskets for the UUC TSE3 install (2x18107502346)
    • 1 gallon of BMW coolant (82141467704) - It's been 2+ years since I flushed the fluid the coolant.
    • Crush washer for the coolant drain plug on the engine block (07119963200)
    • 1 liter of ATE SL.6 brake fluid - need to do a brake fluid flush

Also picked up some Loctite C5-A/LB 8008 copper-based anti-seize compound for the exhaust as well.
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 07-10-2017 at 08:19 PM.

What did BMW specify for the coolant change interval?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    What did BMW specify for the coolant change interval?
    Not a clue what BMW states (it's not in the inspection checklist), but I've heard a good interval is 2-3 years.

BMW states that the coolant is a lifetime fluid but we all know that isn't the case.
    I've never fully flushed/ drained the coolant but I've done the expansion tank. 2 water pumps and a thermostat all at different times. The theory is that the original fluid has been diluted enough over the years to negate the need for a full flush...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    BMW states that the coolant is a lifetime fluid but we all know that isn't the case.
    I've never fully flushed/ drained the coolant but I've done the expansion tank. 2 water pumps and a thermostat all at different times. The theory is that the original fluid has been diluted enough over the years to negate the need for a full flush...
    Sounds like BMW to me. I figure a coolant flush is cheap insurance. $24 out the door for a gallon of coolant, a gallon of distilled water, and the crush washer isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    As an aside, for those of you with a TSE3, can you take a quick look at the hanger on the muffler that is most inboard/most rearward of the two and tell me if it bends at all or if it is perfectly straight? It's hard for me to describe, but this one:

Which is correct, A or B? I have a feeling A is correct and the part out car the TSE3 comes from that was in a rear end accident probably bent the rear hanger a bit.

You can see the rubber mount is bent up (I believe):

I don't have my TSE3 on my car any more but I did have to bend one of the muffler hangars to get the tips to sit right in the diffuser cutout. Not that hard to bend if you have to...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Man wish I could find a used TSE3

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I don't have my TSE3 on my car any more but I did have to bend one of the muffler hangars to get the tips to sit right in the diffuser cutout. Not that hard to bend if you have to...
    Glad to know it's not hard. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Man wish I could find a used TSE3
    I was lucky. I just searched "UUC" or "Corsa" (can't remember which) in my local Craigslist under the "auto parts" section and found it. It wasn't even labeled as a TSE3, just "UUC exhaust" from a wrecked car that was being parted out.

Page 61 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast