Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Good purchase! I hope you notice a difference like I did with the UUC pulleys. I think Ryan verified on the dyno that they do actually add HP
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Good purchase! I hope you notice a difference like I did with the UUC pulleys. I think Ryan verified on the dyno that they do actually add HP
    Yeah, the logic behind them seems sound. It's just a matter if I'll notice and/or continue to notice once they've been on for a while. Any reason you chose UUC over Turner?

I no longer really notice the regained hp/tq from the VANOS seals I replaced, so more likely than not I'll stop noticing the power pulleys. But at under $200, it's the cheapest I've seen them new in a LONG time.

I went with UUC because I didn't want to under drive the Alternator...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Hey.

Proud of you.

You finally bought the damn pulleys.

I had a lot of trouble finding the alternator brand too. It's pretty easy to take off FYI. I thought the pulley install was really easy overall. Just be sure to tap the brass nut back in the alternator before you try to reinstall it.

And don't worry about underdriving the alternator. I was concerned and talked to Turner about it and they said that they had been using them for 20 years with zero reported issues. Butt toasters, brights, and blaring stereo can all run at the same time without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Mileage: 59,4xx

Bit the bullet and bought Turner Motorsport's Power Pulley Kit while it was 20% off (Link).

Several times in the past I have tried to verify who manufactured my alternator because the Turner Power Pulley Kit specified an alternator-specific pulley. Each time however, I failed because the sticker on the back only had a BMW logo. Tonight though:

I finally struck gold/stopped being dumber than a bag of rocks and saw the Bosch name raised on part of the plastic above the sticker. So I ordered the Turner pulleys with a Bosch alternator pulley.
    I have the Turner pulleys and bought them on sale in the summer. By far the best upgrade to the car in terms of performance. It doesn't feel as "laggy" of heavy anymore. The motor feels like it wants to rev and get going. Definitely better than the shark injector which was great for a couple days before it defaults back to stock.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Definitely better than the shark injector which was great for a couple days before it defaults back to stock.
    That sounds familiar. The most noticeable thing was the dme adaptations reset, and after that came back I wasn't sure about the rest of the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    That sounds familiar. The most noticeable thing was the dme adaptations reset, and after that came back I wasn't sure about the rest of the effects.
    It sucked man. Right after the install I could tell it had more power and the car felt like it was pulling stronger. The problem was this was in Ohio and on the way back I had the 4 winter wheels in my car, so there was a lot of extra weight and I couldn't really tell if it was a placebo or not. After getting home I noticed it less and less and now it feels normal again, along with my 4k dip coming back...
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Mileage update:

• 2017 starting mileage: 55,884
    • 2017 ending mileage: 59,670
    • Total mileage: 3,786*

*Includes being in storage from January to late June.

Other minor updates:

• A few weeks ago, I cut a curb too close and caused a pretty darn large scratch on the passenger side skirt near the rear wheel. The corner of the curb was broken and one piece stuck out beyond my field of view and I just nicked it. Very frustrating. I think at some point I'm going to have to have that side skirt, along with the front bumper, repainted.
    • I took my car up to Snohomish, WA to look at a winter beater for my father and did the trip. He didn't end up buying the beater but my car ran like a top up and back. Also took a trip out the coast and back, no issues there either
    • I drove briefly with my sister's winter studs on my car so I could get to work last week. It is making me want a LSD even more, it was a close call not being able to get up my out of my hill.
    • Coming in the mail: Turner Power Pulleys and a center relocation bracket so I can install and test out my Xtrons head unit.
    • Also needs to be done: oil change and warranty my wiper blades. I'm planning to try out Liqui Moly 5W-40 oil.

Sorry to hear about the scratch. At least it's on the passenger side and you don't need to see it every time you enter the car.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sorry to hear about the scratch. At least it's on the passenger side and you don't need to see it every time you enter the car.
    Is what it is.

Page 77 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast