Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    My car has been dearly neglected for the past seven weeks because of studying for Step 1. Note: if anyone is considering medical school, please be sure to be a masochist. So on my first two days off, I did a quick three things:

Completed passenger side airbag recall - 72,850 miles
    Not too much to say here. Called the week prior to set up an appointment. Came into the appointment. Had it done, which took an hour longer than they said it would take. To be fair to them they washed and vacuumed the car.

Installed F10 M5 illuminated shift knob (25112284205) - 72,862 miles
    Purchased from illirep who assembled the shift boot onto an E46 shift boot frame so it was 95% plug and play. Shout out to Spenser for his help with wiring. He even drew me this nifty wiring pic (see below). I didn't use the second wire because the factor wires were long enough to reach the cigarette lighter wiring. I will say that there seems to be a tiny crack on the "M" logo, but it's not noticeable unless you're about 3 inches away.

Replaced drooping driver's side C pillar (51432699059) - 72,900 miles
    The fabric had fallen most of the way off so I replaced it. Not a difficult job, just followed this guide for reference. Looks a million times better than some bedouin tent.

Other odds and ends:
    • Received a VANOS system from Dr. Vanos as a gift over the holidays, so I need to purchase a valve cover gasket and the associated materials to do that job (plus find the time).
    • While I was at the dealer getting my airbag replaced I had asked the service agent to draw up an estimate for replacing my windshield, and it came in at a whopping $1,507.50. They recommended some other place that they sometimes farm out to, so I'll give them a call and see what their estimate is as well.
    • They also found an oil leak from the UUC SS clutch line I installed years ago, so I'll have to take a look at that.
    • Oddly enough, my LR brake caliper clip is missing. Not sure where that went off to.

Always good to get those things in. Crazy price re windshield, hope you find someplace cheaper. Tried Safelight? GL as you move through med school!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

New tires and alignment - 74,556
    Purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S tires to see what all the hubbub is about, plus I got ~$200 in rebates on them via DiscountTire. Had them mounted this morning. Haven't had any time to really drive on them, but they did feel softer. Then again, my old tires were so worn out that any new tire would feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    New tires and alignment - 74,556
    Purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S tires to see what all the hubbub is about, plus I got ~$200 in rebates on them via DiscountTire. Had them mounted this morning. Haven't had any time to really drive on them, but they did feel softer. Then again, my old tires were so worn out that any new tire would feel better.

You had Conti DWs right? How long did they last?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    You had Conti DWs right? How long did they last?
    Yup! They lasted about 23k miles. Granted, I was in need of alignment because the passenger side was wearing worse than the driver's side, so if I had a proper alignment earlier I could have eked a few thousand more miles out of the set.

Welcome to the PS4S lyfe, my brother. How do you like the zero toe up front?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Welcome to the PS4S lyfe, my brother. How do you like the zero toe up front?
    Haven't had a chance to whip it around yet. Gonna find out in a day or two - med school has me doing busy work like it's my job or something.

EDIT: Tossing this link in here for a DIY brake duct intake scoop.
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 04-29-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Awesome! I have to try that 0-toe alignment. Looking forward to your impressions of the tires and alignment.

Does anyone know if those alignment racks / software compensate for un-ballasted cars during alignments? I believe BMW specs our cars' alignment specs with: 68kg in each front seat and center of rear bench, 21 kg in center of trunk, and full tank of fuel.

PS4S lyfe.... LOL. Too good.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S tires to see what all the hubbub is about

You're going to love hitting cloverleafs at speed and it'll be great for your brakes because you won't need em!

I was in on a familiar onramp that is a nice wide circle....just before apex I was carrying so many G's my head got nauseated and I had to quit and early apex out of the G-test. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I am still on the +2s, looking forward to the 4s.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast