Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesora View Post
    I just re-read the emails I exchanged with Scott at bmwgm5.com, and your situation sounds very similar to mine. If your driver's door is open, the central lock next to the hazards won't function. But if your door is closed, it should. Since yours isn't functioning either way (that's how I'm interpreting this, at least) I think it could be your driver door ajar sensor/actuator. If you decide to try to troubleshoot this and find it is at fault, then here is a fairly detailed description of how to replace it.

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=242785

I can't say with 100% certainty that this is at fault though.
    I could see, logically, as being a fault. I think I'll go down this hole this weekend.

Thank you for the help fellas!

EDIT: However, no lights on my dash light up telling me that my door could be ajar. Was that the same for you?
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Yeah, when I was troubleshooting mine, all of the door ajar lights on my dash were working correctly. That is why I was so convinced at first that it was my GM5. Scott stayed up late emailing me from his phone to ask me additional questions to try and help me narrow it down, but eventually he even said he didn't know what was going on. That's when I got fed up with it and just started opening and closing doors one at a time and seeing if anything changed.
    -Nate

2005 330i zhp - Sold

Current whips:
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Starting to get the zhp itch again already...

Wait, when you say the door ajar lights were functioning correctly, you mean when the door was closed, the light was off?
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Sorry, I'm in a meeting at work and may have partially misread your post. With all of my doors closed, the dome light would fade out like normal and no lights on my dash said a door was open.
    -Nate

2005 330i zhp - Sold

Current whips:

Quote Originally Posted by Aesora View Post
    Sorry, I'm in a meeting at work and may have partially misread your post. With all of my doors closed, the dome light would fade out like normal and no lights on my dash said a door was open.
    Nope you understood correctly. I just wanted to make sure I understood. Thank you!

Thought I was different, but nope, I'm just like everyone failing GM5. It now works. I guess this is going to be an intermittent battle.

Most likely, I'll yank it, and send it to Scott for a rebuild. I can't have this happen again.

Ah dang. I guess I lucked out with mine. It worked every great once in a while before I "fixed" it. Scott will get you squared away if it truly is a GM5 issue, though. (Speaking on behalf of the loads of reviews I read online, and having only conversed with him over email.)
    -Nate

2005 330i zhp - Sold

Current whips:

I never got around to pulling this out and sending it for repairs. However, the issue is very intermittent. Seems to happen at the worst possible times. Like, say at daycare when I need to get my daughter in the backseat... Or when someone asks for a ride, and the doors won't unlock.

I've had luck just cycling the button inside the cabin several times. At some point it starts to work. However, I know this isn't a solution.

Two years later, add me to the list of people with this problem :D. Going to try the door open / closing trick, see if that helps at all. I was planning to go to NYC tomorrow - hopefully my wipers and windows don't just stop working all of a sudden.

I just came across this thread and wanted to provide an update.

I did pull the GM5 unit and sent it for repair to www.BMWGM5.com The guy there did a great job, he was fast and efficient. Having had the repair done about 1 year ago, I can say that was the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12