Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Why does my sticker say only 39 and 46?
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Why does my sticker say only 39 and 46?
    You're only reading the first line. That's the maximum value (car fully weighted with 5 passengers and cargo).

EDIT: Sorry everyone for reviving an old thread - I happened to click on a link from another thread and then responded to this one forgetting I was here :P
    Fuelly

As the original owner of my E46 ZHP, I found that running the factory recommended tire pressures cause SERIOUS premature wear on the rears (balded in the center of the tire) and as a result my factory tires were shot by 10,000 miles. Since then, I have run the front and rears at 31 PSI. No question the car understeers a bit but all four tires have even tread wear.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

In case anyone reads over the thread and wonders why anyone would set pressures to 39/46, that was what the sticker says on some ZHPs. It shows no other tire pressures on the sticker and makes no mention that those are for a fully loaded car only.

Seems to me that BMW made a very poor choice putting this sticker on some ZHPs.

Needless to say, I haven't run those pressures in years considering a tires max pressure is in the low 50's typically and a track day can easily push them up to 50's.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Sorry to bump up old thread - but I have the same sticker in my ZHP as above - with only the max pressure. I also read in the Facebook group that the coupes have 32/38 recommended PSI....should I be running 32/38 PSI on my daily driven ZHP sedan? Most of the time it's just me and the wife in the car

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Sorry to bump up old thread - but I have the same sticker in my ZHP as above - with only the max pressure. I also read in the Facebook group that the coupes have 32/38 recommended PSI....what PSI should I be running on my daily driven ZHP sedan?
    I have a coupe and ran 32/38 on stock wheels and I got about 38k miles on conti dws06 tires when I was living in IN. The rears were done but the fronts were about half worn. Now I run 245/40 R17 and set them to 34 all round because of shitty MI roads. I got about 40k miles before they were worn to the cords.

I know you asked for a sedan but I’m throwing my experience out there for reference. I would start off near the recommended pressures and change if needed based on tire wear and how the car rides. What works for someone else might not work for you because most of our cars don’t have the same wheels, tires, suspension, mileage, bushings, roads and also weather (ambient temperature) also plays an effect...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234