Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Save the ZHP; buy another DD

So I love my ZHP and have put over 120k miles on it since buying it CPO. It has been extremely reliable and I've done the "usual" preventative maintenance items. As the miles have accumulated I started to think that I should get a "new" DD to save the ZHP (it currently has 152k miles). Naturally I've looked at used/CPO BMWs and am now totally in analysis paralysis.

I test drove a 2014 320i AT that was very nice, if not a bit large. I found a 2004 ZHP sedan with high miles but priced right. I'm looking at a high-mileage E46 Touring AT, with the caveat of AT. I found a new M235 with limited slip and performance exhaust that will be $$$, but awesome. I don't know what to do.

Should I just be prepared to spend money on my ZHP, or would it be better to find an inexpensive lease? For example, I can get a Fiat 500 for $120/month lease. It would serve my commuting needs (less than 15 miles a day). This would save the ZHP from DD. So many choices...

at 152K miles, you're past 'garage queen' status, so i'd just keep maintaining and enjoying it!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I'm with slater. Daily Driven.

Keep driving it

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I took mine out of DD nearly 2 years ago and bought a truck. Since that time I've done a ton of PM on the ZHP and now it's back into DD again. Time to give the truck that I've put 30K on a rest.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Keep driving. Or buy another one
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Cars are meant to be driven

| 2004 ZHP Coupe| 6MT | Silbergrau Metallic | Gray Leather Interior | Cold Weather Package | Black Cube Trim | Hamann Motorsport PG1 18x8/18x9 + Michelin PSS | Koni Yellows |

I DD'd my ZHP for 2-ish years and 50-55k miles. If your car was sub 100k miles I would say definitely get a DD to keep your ZHP low miles but I agree that it's past garage queen status. Just keep taking good care of it. A good detail and keeping the interior clean can go a long ways with making a high mileage car looking good!
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

All - thanks for your feedback. Every time I get in to drive it i say "this is a great drive-best BMW I've owned." Hearing you say that it is past garage-queen status is so true and puts things in perspective. I owned two other BMWs that I took to well over 200k so know what that is like. I know someone who leased a Fiat and says he likes it as a short-commute car, which got me thinking that option. As was said, if my car had less than 100k on it, it's a different story. I was offered by the dealer to test drive the M235 so may just do that. Cheers.

I've thought about doing this as well and kept having to tell myself that a ZHP will never be worth "saving" in that regard. It's an excellent daily driver; why "save" a daily driver? It'll never be a collectible. I don't know if that'll make any sense to you, but in my case, I just decided to keep daily driving the ZHP 'till I get my dream car, an F80 M3. And, even then, I'll probably still alternate daily driving duties between the two, because the F80 isn't a collector car either and as such will never have any significant value by saving it, so I'm going to drive the heck out that one too.

The goal by then is to have at least 400k miles on the ZHP by the time the F80 comes into play! I'm over half way there already.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast