Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    If anybody wants one and maybe can haggle the dealership, you can call Sale BMW in Kinston, NC at (888) 639-9082

However be warned. The parts department and the manager are pretty rude to deal with. And their logic does not make sense.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

They have the display unit correct? They have absolutely no reason not to sell and their excuses are dumb
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    They have the display unit correct? They have absolutely no reason not to sell and their excuses are dumb
    Yup. This is the dealership with the display unit. He said it is to showcase the BMW performance exhaust line and they won't sell it.

Edit:

And currently it is in the back storage closet because they are doing construction to their parts department.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I went through this with a dealer...
    One said that because it worked well with their display, that they wouldn't have to buy another and have more $ tied up.

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    This is not ECS' fault. Really don't understand why everyone is jumping on the "hate ECS" bandwagon.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    I don't "hate" ECS. I just don't think they are being forthcoming in this case. This has been going on for multiple months and I'm not buying that BMW strung them along, just not enough money involved for BMW to give a sh*t one way or another at the price they were selling them for. However, at ECS markup it was a much bigger deal for them. Doesn't affect me anyway as I have one of these sitting in a box in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by chacend View Post
    I don't "hate" ECS. I just don't think they are being forthcoming in this case. This has been going on for multiple months and I'm not buying that BMW strung them along, just not enough money involved for BMW to give a sh*t one way or another at the price they were selling them for. However, at ECS markup it was a much bigger deal for them. Doesn't affect me anyway as I have one of these sitting in a box in my garage.
    Okay, so since a few people are jumping on the "I'm not buying it" bandwagon, this needs to be discussed further.

What evidence do you have that ECS is "stringing people along"? As any competent lawyer would ask, what motive would they have for doing such a thing? This hurts them, not being able to get product that they have sold. Do you think they want to have to refund all of those items folks purchased just because their supplier decided to tell them to screw themselves? Why would ECS want to piss off a bunch of customers if it's within their control?

This is exactly a case of " I'm think this person is lying without having any facts to base it on". It's not fair to them and hurts their reputation posting something like this.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Okay, so since a few people are jumping on the "I'm not buying it" bandwagon, this needs to be discussed further.

What evidence do you have that ECS is "stringing people along"? As any competent lawyer would ask, what motive would they have for doing such a thing? This hurts them, not being able to get product that they have sold. Do you think they want to have to refund all of those items folks purchased just because their supplier decided to tell them to screw themselves? Why would ECS want to piss off a bunch of customers if it's within their control?

This is exactly a case of " I'm think this person is lying without having any facts to base it on". It's not fair to them and hurts their reputation posting something like this.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP,

First, at no point did I say I was expressing fact, just opinion. Second, if the dealers that had placed orders for folks knew in short order that their orders weren't getting filled and notified customers quickly, what took ECS so long? I don't know the answer and I doubt you do either, but it does raise suspicion.

As to damaging their reputation, I doubt my comment will mean much and most folks will continue to buy if the price is right. What is more damaging to their reputation was that they apparently attempted to scoop up all of these exhausts and apparently caused multiple individual (lower priced at dealers) orders to get cancelled. As a free market guy, I won't dispute that that move was just business, however it was horrible from a PR perspective and had very little upside considering the limited one time profit. I say "apparently" in all this, because yes you are correct that we are light on facts, but facts are not always what matter in business, appearances are.

Quote Originally Posted by chacend View Post
    BP,

First, at no point did I say I was expressing fact, just opinion. Second, if the dealers that had placed orders for folks knew in short order that their orders weren't getting filled and notified customers quickly, what took ECS so long? I don't know the answer and I doubt you do either, but it does raise suspicion.

As to damaging their reputation, I doubt my comment will mean much and most folks will continue to buy if the price is right. What is more damaging to their reputation was that they apparently attempted to scoop up all of these exhausts and apparently caused multiple individual (lower priced at dealers) orders to get cancelled. As a free market guy, I won't dispute that that move was just business, however it was horrible from a PR perspective and had very little upside considering the limited one time profit. I say "apparently" in all this, because yes you are correct that we are light on facts, but facts are not always what matter in business, appearances are.
    +46

I use ECS for their product catalog and then cross reference at a reputable dealer.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    +46

I use ECS for their product catalog and then cross reference at a reputable dealer.
    +1e^46 x5
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    +46

This

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233