Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Audio Issues

Audio Issues

Hi all,

As many of you know, late in the 2013 season I installed a complete BSW system in my 'vert. Overall, I've been pretty happy with it.

Since sometime late 2014 season, I've been noticing that the sound and bass drop off sometimes, and then pick back up. I've isolated it to the right rear channel shutting down, then kicking in again. Due to the BSW sub install taking the bass signal from the rear channels, when one drops out the bass reduces too.

I figured the issue was loose wiring from the install - so yesterday Anandoc and I removed the rear seats and side panels, and started checking connections. The ones at the speaker are good. I figured the most likely culprit was the t-taps crammed in behind the factory amp, so that was next. Turns out they are fine too.

I no longer believe it's wiring, I think it's either the amp or the head unit that is dropping a channel intermittently. It seems to kick back in when I turn up the volume, and seems to rarely cut out at higher volumes, only low to low moderate levels.

Any thoughts? Any steps for further trouble shooting?

Thanks all!
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Sounds more like internal components heating up with higher volumes improving contacts.
    Could be head unit or amp. Can you swap out head unit temporarily to test?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I have an old Business HU if you need it. Can't recall if you have Nav or not and I'm not sure about shipping and customs.