Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Hazard of buying an Enthusiast Auto group Car (not an EAG hate thread)

From everything I have seen and read, EAG tends to sell excellent cars at a price premium. Regardless of the ire they tend to stir up when they scoop an enthusiast on a great deal and then mark it up, their are cars are generally great specimens with up to date maintenance and very good condition.

What I see as the hazard is for buyers that don't keep cars long (two years or less) or for someone that has to get out of a car for financial reasons, you will probably not recoup your money. A couple of cases in point are two cars listed in our for sale forum right now. Both were sold by EAG for around $18k+ within the last two years, both sellers started they're ads around the same price but have had to quickly reduce price (one almost $4k) to get any interest and are still not sold.

It seems to me if you want a beautiful needs nothing car and don't want to have to bother getting it up snuff, EAG can be a great thing, but while they command a premium when buying from them, that premium doesn't seem to carry over for the seller one or two years down the road. So unless your keeping it for the long haul - buyer beware!

I had to google what EAG is.

I doubt many people here have purchased from them. It's just one place and the pricing seems crazy.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

You buy a car knowing you'd lose money on it if you sold it the next day (for the most part), but yea, EAG pricing is very aggressive. If you're looking to hold the car for a while and want little to no maintenance in the next couple/few years EAG is a great buy if you're willing to pay the premium.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I had to google what EAG is.

I doubt many people here have purchased from them. It's just one place and the pricing seems crazy.
    EAG is pretty popular. They catch alot of hate from the DIY/Forum community for their high prices and they buy up the low-mile M's quickly, but they are well aware that is not their target market. I say let them do their thing, I would only buy from them if, like mentioned above, I was looking to purchase my 'unicorn' that I planned on keeping forever.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    EAG is pretty popular. They catch alot of hate from the DIY/Forum community for their high prices and they buy up the low-mile M's quickly, but they are well aware that is not their target market. I say let them do their thing, I would only buy from them if, like mentioned above, I was looking to purchase my 'unicorn' that I planned on keeping forever.
    I agree with this....they are a good source for unicorns.

If you want something rare it will be a premium, if you want low miles even higher premium....then if you want up to date maintenance it goes up more.

Then they add more because they tick those three boxes then add the convenience of not needing to shop around and find one...

Example... look for years for a 95 M3 LTW.....or pay a massive premium from EAG to have one NOW....

That's where they make sense.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

They sold one for $200k. 104 miles. One hundred and four. 104.00. Crazy!

Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats

They are no different than any other dealer. Be it a major manufacturer or the guy on the corner. Bottom line is that they're in business to make money. Generally, any dealer car is going to sell for a higher price than private sale
    I paid top dollar for my ZHP from a BMW dealer. They knew what they had, I knew what they had. I was ok with it because I had been looking for that particular color/option for 6 months...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

theres a fine line between making a profit and driving the market up/getting your customers in the rear with no lube.

yeah, they're a business i get that entirely. ultimately, they can do whatever they want. i rip on them because of how expensive their cars are in relation to most of the market. especially when they buy them from customers at seemingly market value and then proceed to jack the price up through the roof. if i get in a position to buy my unicorns they have two of them right now that i would buy if i had the money to do so (black/black 2001 S54 M coupe and they just got in a alpineweiss/black e46 m3 comp)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

You should rip on the people who continue to buy at the inflated prices. A business only exists if customers give them money.

It's like all the people saying Apple over charges for a computer. Well the millions of people who buy every month disagree.

Or your like me who would want EAG to buy my car at a premium or another enthusiast that's willing to pay for very low mileage, right upgrades and all maintenance done at or ahead of schedule.

If I would give away my car it would be as a trade I where at least I get tax benefits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast