Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Overall the kit does look good. Just don't like that air-filter and having the maf sensor so close to the opening.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Damn Cali smog laws.

Sent from iPad Mini
    Yup. Interesting, but not much good for us CA folks.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Overall the kit does look good. Just don't like that air-filter and having the maf sensor so close to the opening.
    ESS Tuning is a reputable company. I'm sure that if the MAF being so close to the air filter was a problem, they wouldn't have done it this way.
    Keep in mind, the stock airbox is exactly the same way; the MAF attaches directly to the airbox.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Originally this was a concern but i've had a couple of Dyno runs on it. Theirs and another local company called GoodSpeed do a dyno run on it. GoodSpeed guys said that they think the current limitation (on the top end) is going to be the small(ish) air filter. When we did the dyno there, we could see that it just wasn't able to suck in enough air when we were really pushing the car.

That being said!!!!! (I believe) That there are two options when installing an air system for this. Those options being the smaller K/N type filter or a larger filter with a tube running down into the brake duct area. You can see this tube running down on some of the pictures. This would allow a larger air filter system but at the cost of it being down on the lower brake duct/fog light area.

Alternatively I am playing around with trying to figure out a way to run a larger K&N filter system (or similar) in that area. I would love to have something similar to the stock airbox setup. I am going to try to mock something up in the next few days with cardboard and then if I put together something that works well, have a 3D or manufacturing place nearby build it up.

I really have no idea what I am doing

So . . . when's the group buy?
    -Dave

2004 330i ZHP sedan- 6 speed swapped, Corsa exhaust
    1997 AW 328i- S52 swapped
    2004 IR 330i ZHP 6MT- aFe Stage 1, Shark Injector, RE Underdrives, Dforce LTWs- SOLD
    1997 Technoviolet M3/2/5- LS1/T56 swapped- SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    So . . . when's the group buy?
    In for group buy w/ 12 psi pulley

Group buy for a $4000 product? This I'd like to see...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Group buy for a $4000 product? This I'd like to see...
    Might be a fairly small group

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Yes, a group buy makes sense. I want the GROUP to BUY me one!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast