Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    That "4-square" pic just seems to fit w/ the I3, nice.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nice. I actually quite like the i3, especially its interior. One "design feature" I noticed about the i3 was that from a side shot, the window shape going all the way to the black hood, looks a bit like a lightning bolt. I'm not sure if thats intentional but its something I find cool.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Very nice. Love the tasteful mods. The car is definitely growing on me.

Cheers,
    SC

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Looks great.
    Thanks Dane!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    That "4-square" pic just seems to fit w/ the I3, nice.
    haha, thanks, I'll have to do it again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Nice. I actually quite like the i3, especially its interior. One "design feature" I noticed about the i3 was that from a side shot, the window shape going all the way to the black hood, looks a bit like a lightning bolt. I'm not sure if thats intentional but its something I find cool.
    I hadn't seen it like that before but I do now. The rear side window "dip" was something I didn't like from concept all the way up to ownership, now I kind of appreciate how it helps the car not look like every other car on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    Very nice. Love the tasteful mods. The car is definitely growing on me.

Cheers,
    SC
    Thank you, be careful, it will keep growing on you if you keep looking at it, thats what happened to me, now I have one.

----

I got the LED front turn signal bulbs in and to my surprise, no errors! Now that I'm done with my summer class hopefully I'll finally get those wheel arch reflectors smoked and maybe some more coding done. Believe it or not, the Frunk (front trunk) is not water tight, although water will not "pour" into it when raining, BMW suggests not putting anything in there that you can't get wet. They also sell a bag that is water tight that fits in it perfectly, but its $100. I scored one on eBay from someone selling one that I guess they got "free" with their car for $26! I had $5.XX in eBay bucks too, so thats a decent score! If it doesn't fit or work to my liking I bet I can find someone to take it off of my hands for at least what I'll have in it.

- 2021 Tesla Model Y LR-AWD '21-
    - 2014 CPO i01 BEV Capparis White Tera World, '17-'20
    - 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-'18 R.I.P
    - 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
    - 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15

That's really surprising. BMW couldn't put a rubber seal around the frunk that would keep water out?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That's really surprising. BMW couldn't put a rubber seal around the frunk that would keep water out?
    I know right? There is a strip of rubber on the underside of the hood to try to deflect it from coming in that way and another strip under the cowl to deflect from that way but the manual says it is not water tight. I've basically not been using it for anything but the mobility kit for that reason, sometimes I throw the charger in there if I'm not expecting to be traveling in any rain.

I would lay money we see that change either at Face Lift time (2017) or on the next generation (2020). Hopefully the weatherproof bag that zips up will do the trick. The car has no spare or jack, just a "mobility" kit basically slime and compressed air. I have a spare lug wrench I've put in there for now too, plan to get a jack and a plug kit so that hopefully if a flat occurs I can plug it and limp home instead of having to call a tow truck. Long term I would like to get spare wheel and tire, just leave it at home, I could have a friend or someone go grab it and bring it to me in an instance where a plug won't get me home. I need to look at AAA too, yes, the i3 comes with "free" roadside assistance but they only tow you to the dealer and we all know dealers don't do patches. They just want to sell you a new tire. Granted these little tires are cheaper than my Pilot Super Sports were, it is ridiculous to throw away a perfectly good tire that just needs a patch IMO.

Looks like they are using the bag or the organizer in this pic, I'm not sure why they would do that, the frunk is plastic and has drain holes in the bottom. At some point during ownership I hope to have a reason to use it as a cooler, lol. Maybe they did it for extra insulation.

I am so behind on reading here on the Mafia....

I am very envoys of you! I want an i3! Now, after reading this, and your journey, I only want it more! I figure I am 2 years away from owning one though, (daycare payments will be cut in half by then with one heading into school).

Congratulations on the purchase!
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

2015 BMW i3 with REx

I bet you could find some weather stripping at Home Depot and be creative to mod your already $$$$ BMW with a $10 part. LOL

That's what E46 coupe owners do to replace the old and cracking back vent window stripping.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
    I am so behind on reading here on the Mafia....

I am very envoys of you! I want an i3! Now, after reading this, and your journey, I only want it more! I figure I am 2 years away from owning one though, (daycare payments will be cut in half by then with one heading into school).

Congratulations on the purchase!
    Envy is not my goal, but thank you for the kind words. Enjoy your ZHP for as long as you can, I drove mine for nearly 9 years, I love the i3 but haven't had it long enough yet to claim it to be the "best" car I've ever had, the ZHP still holds that trophy for now. If your thinking about an i3 around 2017 then the facelift i3's will be out so you've go that going for you; who knows, they might upgrade the battery at the same time, I doubt it, but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I bet you could find some weather stripping at Home Depot and be creative to mod your already $$$$ BMW with a $10 part. LOL

That's what E46 coupe owners do to replace the old and cracking back vent window stripping.
    I might look into that, lol, so far I love the bag I bought, it should have came with the car as a consolation prize for not being 100% water tight.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast