Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Experience With the Injen SP?

I've searched on multiple forums and cannot find any reviews of this intake on our cars. It seems to be covered and very similar to the Afe intake. I know intakes don't do much but I would feel better knowing it is covered. Also it's not clear if the oem ram air tube is sealed to the box. For 200 I feel like it's a decent deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-STOCK-INJ...ebb80b&vxp=mtr

http://www.modbargains.com/injen-sp-...-328i-330i.htm

I would say get it, I had a similar one on my 325 but it was not covered, pretty much no gains but it sounds pretty cool. From the pictures it looks like it does go into the box, but probably would not be totally sealed. A little weather stripping would help with that.

wow, that looks like an aFe copy. crazy. if the filter is good then it's a great buy.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Looks like Ill be a test subject. Ill do a review on it once I get it installed.

Please do report back!

I've been looking at intakes trying to decide which one makes sense (I'm in mostly for a little more sound), and just ran across the Ingen the other day. I actually like the black wrinkle powder coat on the cover vs. the bright aluminum one on the aFe. $400+ for a couple of pieces of sheet metal seems a little unreasonable to me.

SC

Is it just me, or does it look like the punched louver vents are aft-facing, and probably there just to feed back a little more intake noise toward the cockpit (which would be just fine with me)?

Really looking forward to the feedback on how this sounds. Price is very attractive.

Cheers,
    SC

I already received the intake but I'm waiting to put on my exhaust. Have the car with a muffler delete from previous owner and it sounds like poop. Feel like it would take away from the intake

Tapping my foot...

SC

Quote Originally Posted by 05Imola View Post
    I already received the intake but I'm waiting to put on my exhaust. Have the car with a muffler delete from previous owner and it sounds like poop. Feel like it would take away from the intake
    An intake can take a boring exhaust and make it sound better. Give it a try!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

This dyno plot is indicating +10whp at 5600rpm and a net gain of around 5hp and 12ft-lbs at the wheels. http://injen.com/galleries/products/SP1111_dyno.pdf
    (dynojet)
    Looks not so bad!

BMW CCA # 510252

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast