Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: Which day works best for you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday, June 6th

2 22.22%
  • Saturday, June 13th

1 11.11%
  • Saturday, June 27th

6 66.67%
  • Saturday, July 11th

4 44.44%
  • Saturday, July 18th

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Update 2:

It's looking like there will be less than 10 total cars attending and John has offered that we could meet at his house. He has parking for several cars in his driveway and plenty on the street.

Some ideas for the event:

Maintenance (bring some tools, parts, and beer)
    Detailing (not sure - we are in a drought..)
    Cooking out (beer, food, and cars - hard to beat!)
    K1 Speed for GoKart racing (get our driving fix)
    Drinks on/at the beach (10 min from Johns - enjoy the sunset with good friends)

I have a gas grill as well. I do have the basic tools, but more would be needed for bigger things.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have enough tools to tackle anything but can realistically only work on one car at a time.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I have a few tools and some pretty trick 2 piece ramps I can bring.

I have a a few things I want to tackle. I want to do my fuel filter and fuel pump for sure. I know I can do that without any help really as long as I have space.

Things I would LIKE to do but would not try without some major assistance on would be Oil Filter Housing Gasket and CCV (I hear theyre much easier when done together).

Things I have done myself that I can help someone else on with the right tools are intake boots, DISA, alarm install, replacement of X3 blower motor, certain cooling system work, reprogramming the temperature gauge.

Are you thinking about any dates yet?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I have 2 ramps and 4 jack stands, and can help with the CCV and OFHG (recently did mine). We definitely have the space. If we do those things, then it pretty much would be a maintenance meet, not the other "fun, extra" stuff as those are long (not intense, but long) jobs. I'm totally happy to have just a maintenance meet. Feel free to throw out dates.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I have 2 ramps and 4 jack stands, and can help with the CCV and OFHG (recently did mine). We definitely have the space. If we do those things, then it pretty much would be a maintenance meet, not the other "fun, extra" stuff as those are long (not intense, but long) jobs. I'm totally happy to have just a maintenance meet. Feel free to throw out dates.
    Ok if you have experience with the OFHG and CCV then I will order both. I already have my fuel filter and pump. And this is all IF we do a maintanence meet/BBQ. If people would like to do something else Im totally cool with that too.

Is there a way to turn the thread into a vote thing so we can list 4 or 5 weekends and vote on them? My june is pretty open except I would prefer not to do it the weekend of the 12th.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Click "Thread Tools" above the solid color bar above the thread text, and select "add a poll to this thread"

I have a gas grill as well. I do have the basic tools, but more would be needed for bigger things.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I have enough tools to tackle anything but can realistically only work on one car at a time.
    I'll bring my own tools as well. The gas grill should come in handy. If we end up doing maintenance most of the day (which it sounds like is going to happen), then we can pickup some food from the local grocery store and have a small cookout.

I'll also bring my laptop and cable for anyone that would like any programming/coding done.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I have a few tools and some pretty trick 2 piece ramps I can bring.

I have a a few things I want to tackle. I want to do my fuel filter and fuel pump for sure. I know I can do that without any help really as long as I have space.

Things I would LIKE to do but would not try without some major assistance on would be Oil Filter Housing Gasket and CCV (I hear theyre much easier when done together).

Things I have done myself that I can help someone else on with the right tools are intake boots, DISA, alarm install, replacement of X3 blower motor, certain cooling system work, reprogramming the temperature gauge.

Are you thinking about any dates yet?
    I've posted a poll at the top of the thread with some dates. I can add/change dates - feel free to offer input

You're the man. Dates posted in a poll at the top of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Ok if you have experience with the OFHG and CCV then I will order both. I already have my fuel filter and pump. And this is all IF we do a maintanence meet/BBQ. If people would like to do something else Im totally cool with that too.

Is there a way to turn the thread into a vote thing so we can list 4 or 5 weekends and vote on them? My june is pretty open except I would prefer not to do it the weekend of the 12th.
    Poll is at the top of the thread! We will be able to tackle all of the above. My two least favorite jobs on the E46 would be CCV and OFHG, hehe.

Click "Thread Tools" above the solid color bar above the thread text, and select "add a poll to this thread"
    Done!

Any of those work for me. I'll check schedule in more detail and pick one. We should also start a maintenance list. I've got a ton of things I want to do so I'll list them all but what we actually do would vary depending on what needs to be done.

1) johnrando - fuel filter and baffle, maybe swap transmission and diff fluid (if I don't do it before), maybe install BBK, maybe install sway bars

1) johnrando - fuel filter and baffle, maybe swap transmission and diff fluid (if I don't do it before), maybe install BBK, maybe install sway bars
    2) NorCalZman - fuel filter, Fuel pump, OFHG, CCV, timing chain tensioner spring, install oil drain access door (finally)

Ive been digging through threads.....To save time do any of you have a list of the part numbers for the CCV stuff and OFHG saved conveniently?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast