Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    There are a few shops in Charlotte that one-off carbon fiber panels or do small runs. There are a lot of pro racing outfits around there so that was my first thought for carbon.

Thanks for chiming in, this is helpful! All the write-ups I saw were for a coupe, so I didn't know the Sedan already had the brace. The write-ups also say that the roof skin is so thin that it warps, but I actually know a couple of really good body guys that don't have any trouble with patch panels. Plus no glass removal, I think this idea is a winner. I might be able to get this done for less than 1K painted. If so, this may be coming sooner rather than later.
    lol i reread my post and noticed i said more roof instead of more room. but yeah the brace that we put in our coupes is actually a sedan part. most people don't know this though.

but yeah, the roof skin is thin, but it's not like it's really thin. it's about as thin as my stock fenders are. it's just that since it's a really large surface area, it feels weaker than any other part. at least off the car anyways. when it's on the car, it feels sturdy. my bodyshop was able to take the whole skin off without destroying it (there is a dent, but that was from me lol) like how all the other DIYs say would happen. i swear all the other shops or people that DIYed it got lazy and tried to rip it off too early and end up destroying it.

i'm sure you could get it done for less than 1k no problem. offer to take the headliner off yourself, so you could save even more money.

Hadn't read all the input but I've seen Hieu's and it looks awesome.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I did mine the old-fashioned way... Sold the 05 silbergrau with moonroof and bought the 03 titaniumsilver slicktop a few years later. Do regret the vert sale between the two...
    '03 330i/6 ZHP TiAg
    2017 Chevy Bolt
    2016 eGolf meh... Gone
    Donated: '97 328i (wife's)
    Sold: Supercharged '96 318 Convertible
    Sold: '05 330/6 ZHP SilverGray

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123