OK. Here’s the deal. ’03 330ci xenon, coded for corner light delete. Original LCM and a handsome devil as the driver.

The LCM has 4 positions: Auto, Off, Corner/Tail and On.

Noticed weird behavior and could not produce tonight. Just recently, noticed this 2 different times. No idiot/warning lights on the dash until…

Driving with Corner/Tail lights & my fogs illuminated, moving the switch to ON (clockwise turn) turned on my main beams and simultaneously illuminating the brake pad sensor warning lamp (amber) on the cluster. Happened once last week and tonight I cleared the warning inadvertently today as I sat in the car for a conference call. Position 2 on the ignition switch to roll down my window.

Left my daughter’s softball practice and while driving, moved the LCM switch from Corner/Tail to ON and that pesky brake pad warning light illuminated again.

Cleared it when I got home and still could not recreate. Both times that the brake pad warning light illuminated, it was precipitated by manipulation of the LCM switch from Corner/Tail to ON.

I called Botond on my way to pick his brain. He had some ideas and offered to pull the error code and in the mean time, wanted to question the hive mind here…

- Brake pads are fine (so is the sensor on both ends) as the error did clear
- ABS and DSC are operational
- No other idiot/warning lights.

So, my question, what kind of crack is my car smoking if the simple act of rotating the LCM switch from Corner/Tail to ON would throw a brake pad warning light? Is it haunted from all those dead hookers in the trunk, do I need to a priest or an attorney?