Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    So I'm backing out of this idea. I've had reports from some folks that the ribbed hose they used in the earlier ESS TS2 kits is prone to deteriorating. Probably why ESS is supplying the newer smooth hose. So now I'm back to trying to find some kind of elbow fitting or something, or just letting it ride.
    Surprising, my stock ESS ribbed hoses are in great shape after 65k miles. They have lived in extreme cold and hot also.
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Not the place for this conversation but that Civic bay looks a lot like my wife's (Kpro) engine bay in her prelude. 325 hp to the front wheels. You guys should have a conversation sometime. She was a big time honda girl. ... Engine swaps, turbo accord, prelude etc.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Not the place for this conversation but that Civic bay looks a lot like my wife's (Kpro) engine bay in her prelude. 325 hp to the front wheels. You guys should have a conversation sometime. She was a big time honda girl. ... Engine swaps, turbo accord, prelude etc.
    nice. Yea I had 272whp and it was fun. I'm all for a fun conversation to live hte good ole days, I'm always on facebook messenger /google hangouts.

Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    Surprising, my stock ESS ribbed hoses are in great shape after 65k miles. They have lived in extreme cold and hot also.
    Hmm, that's good to hear. I think someone mentioned that when there is a slight leak near the end of the hose it causes it to disintegrate or something. Wish I had some better facts to point to.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Something has been nagging me: ESS started by saying we should use Castrol 10w-60 TWS for the twin screw, and now they recommend the vortech V-3 lubricant. But I wondered if that matched what Lysholm recommends, as they are the real manufacturer of the twin screw unit itself. So I called Lysholm and asked them. They said to ONLY use their special twin screw oil, part number 009028, in their twin screw superchargers. They really didn't tell me more than that, except it costs about $43 per 5.4oz bottle. And that its a special synthetic blend intended to be used with the tight tolerances of these supercharger units. No idea who makes it, what it looks like, or if I can source it from anywhere other than vortech (the parent company who owns lysholm now).

I tried googling it and can find it available through Summit Racing, but that's it, no other info out there.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vor-009028

So I ordered some, and I'll take pics and share when I receive it.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

I have some here that I got (from them) when I picked up my car from them, I'll take a pic if you want.

Pics:

Edit:
    Just looked again at your link and my product number and I guess they are different. Sorry about that, hope you can find the right stuff cheaper.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Yep I noticed that too, ESS gave you the V-3 lubricant that they told me to get. Thanks for the pics though! I'll post up when I receive the 009028.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

I saw your other post. Oh no! What happened with the coolant? Suspected bad seal? No coolant in went in the intake, did it? Are you sending the TS2 back to ESS?

Sorry to hear.
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    I saw your other post. Oh no! What happened with the coolant? Suspected bad seal? No coolant in went in the intake, did it? Are you sending the TS2 back to ESS?

Sorry to hear.
    Yeah, coolant was leaking from one (or more) of the laminova cores, into the intake, down into cylinder 6, causing misfires every time I tried to fill the intercooler with coolant. Pressure tested it and its supposed to hold over 7 psi but only could hold 1.5psi. Pulled it apart and saw the ends of the laminova cores are heavily damaged, no wonder the o-rings didn't seal. Have to ship the whole intake manifold unit back to ESS. Very frustrating.

I suspect that when they installed the end-caps on the manifold that they were not on straight when they started to torque them down, and by smashing the o-rings in there they smashed in the ends of the cores and damaged the o-rings. I still dont know how this passed their pressure test before they shipped it to me...
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Really sorry to hear that it turned out the way it did. Will be interesting to hear what feedback you get from ESS. Best of luckbest of luck .

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast