Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ESS recommends the stock air box but I'm using a Dinan and Ryan is using the BMW performance intake.
    I basically lied and told them I was using the stock airbox. IDK if it's because of that or other factors but it's been a PITA tuning my TS2. I've often wondered what it would sound like with that style intake on it.
    The silicone hoses will have to go but you can use the throttle body but the throttle body only adds maybe 5 hp if you're lucky
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Thanks for the heads up! I was just worried because both the throttle body and intake cost a pretty penny. The hoses I wouldn't mind losing out on. But not my throttle body or intake. I rather just stay N/A and keep my parts and let my car last longer and save money. But if i can keep both then I might just get the supercharger in the future.
    Photobucket

The stage 1 doesn't add enough HP to jeopardize the engine. You'll be fine. Surprisingly, the engines in our cars can take quite a bit of HP.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I plan to go stage 1 and stay there. I have an automatic so I don't want to jeopardize the tranmission either. Quick question again. If I buy the supercharger, can i just "plug and play" for a while? I'll probably be getting a custom tune later on for it.
    Photobucket

The tune is included with the purchase of the Supercharger as well as the software and cable to download and upload to the DME. It's really easy to use the software and it also reads and resets trouble codes (check engine light)

I wouldn't run the car without a tune. If it happens to be running really lean, it will damage the engine.
    H&R sport springs,

Found some replacement studs for the intake manifold studs that I believe are stronger, and are 10mm shorter (which you will greatly appreciate if you have to install or remove that manifold). BMW part number (07129908199)

Also, I think using blue loctite on that intake manifold gasket makes it brittle. I did some research and I think the Permatex High-Tack Spray-A-Gasket Sealant would be more appropriate.

First post updated.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

I used a thin layer of Permatex silicone. Using loctite on it just didn't make any sense to me. Next time I'm going to use the spray a gasket or nothing at all
    H&R sport springs,

That Permatex silicone probably isn't such a bad idea. Makes more sense to me than blue loctite.

I did some digging around permatex' website and if we have a paper gasket like this all you need is a light sealant/sealer to help hold the gasket in place and condition it. And as for the rest the gasket should do its job.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Yep, that why I was thinking of just putting it in dry... the studs will hold it in place.
    If I do use anything, I usually use Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant to keep the gasket in place if needed
    H&R sport springs,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678