Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

New ZHP Owner- Shipping Company recommendations?

Hey guys,

I just purchased this ZHP: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...coln-NE)-16-9k
    Name:  ZHP.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  487.6 KB

I've driven a friend's, fell in love with it, and am extremely excited to get behind the wheel of my own!

I live in Rhode Island, and need to have the car shipped from Lincoln NE to myself in RI.

Anyone have experience with any shipping companies?

I know that there are sources such as uship, but i am weary to work with that type of business, as I don't feel that a quality shipment can be guaranteed.

I've received a few quotes direct from vendors, all in the 1500-2000 range. Those were all for enclosed trailers. I'm thinking it would be fine to ship the car on an open trailer, but I just haven't yet found a good source.

Advice appreciated!

Look forward to talking more with everyone here once I actually have possession of my car!

I have used das (dependable auto shippers ) in the past.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I have used das (dependable auto shippers ) in the past.
    I saw some bad experiences with them on Bimmerforums. People said that if they damaged your car during shipping, you ended up being required to pay a deductible to receive the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by abranovi View Post
    I saw some bad experiences with them on Bimmerforums. People said that if they damaged your car during shipping, you ended up being required to pay a deductible to receive the coverage.
    It's been a couple years since I had them ship a car. It went from CA to PA and I had no issues. But things might have changed since then.

There are other members here that can chime in about other companies they used recently

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

honestly, i would fly out and drive it back. make the time if you can, it would be a memorable experience.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

ROAD TRIP!

Nothing beats a good shake down cruise halfway across the US.

New ZHP Owner- Shipping Company recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    honestly, i would fly out and drive it back. make the time if you can, it would be a memorable experience.

peter
    I would- but I'm just at the beginning of a new job- so I can't really take the time to do it.

Also, I just drove around the whole country over the beginning of this summer with my good friend in an 89' 300sel that we bought for a song.

Check out our trip on Instagram: 4cornersusa

I got my old be harlequin golf shipped from Arizona to northern ky on an open trailer (lucked out to get a spot directly behind the cab of the truck) for $900, but that was years ago. I imagine you can find it a bit cheaper. Just depends on what you want out of your shipper.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

I will tell you who not to use, I just used Kars Transport Corp, CA to FL, came to me covered in what I can only think was grease, with cigarette ashes in it and three new dents and scratches and was told because I didn't see everything when I signed for it they weren't fixing shit. Not good times! Love the car tho! Where in RI? I grew up in Cranston, living in Florida now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great experience a few years back with www.uship.com. It behaves sort of like "reverse ebay". You post a shipment (such as a car going from location X to location Y), and people in the shipping industry bid on your contract. After the bids come in, you choose the one that best suits you. Often times a guy with a not-quite-full truck will have a route that is compatible with your shipment and he'll be looking for side jobs to grab a little extra cash. I shipped a car from Huntsville, AL to SoCal for $500, and the car was in a fully enclosed trailer and delivered right to my driveway.

Depending on your luck (or how far out you're willing to accommodate the driver's schedule... I waited a month for my shipment, for example), you may find a really great deal. Definitely worth a shot!

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast