Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    To sum it up quickly, the beltline runs evenly on the vert, where the sedan and coupe have it raised for the trunk. I personally prefer the vert lines, how its one continuous straight belt line. (just see my sig pic) The lower trunk line from the rear also makes the vert models appear wider than the coupes/sedans. It also makes the car seem longer too.
    Agreed. There are definitely some design compromises in each body style. I do like everything about the vert but the third brake light/smaller roundel arrangement. There's just no good place to put a "cyclops" on a vert.

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    edit: I dont think they made the lip spoiler available on the vert simply because it would involve making a different lip.
    No doubt, but with the numbers of verts built, I'm a little surprised. I assume it was some bean counter working with marketing and making assumptions about who the buyers were for each body style and whether they'd be interested in a spoiler.

SC

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Verts are 3/4" wider fender well to fender well
    No kidding?!?! That's interesting! I assume the car is wider only at the rear? A little extra space to accommodate convertible top gear, perhaps?

SC

I stumbled across it in the sales brochures, I have a few of them stored here:

http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Library/

All of the rear end parts are the same so I think we just have a slightly larger gap in the wheel well. Possibly why I was able to run 15mm spacers in the rear without rubbing.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I had an OEM coupe spoiler on, wrapped with c/f. It bubbled up so then I switched to a c/f one non OEM from Asia but slightly bigger all around. Will post pic later. I didn't mind the OEM spoiler hanging over the trunk just slightly

BTW, those cars you are showing are not regular coupes/sedans. I'd like to see those for comparison.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I stumbled across it in the sales brochures, I have a few of them stored here:

http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Library/
    Downloaded! Thank you!!!

All of the rear end parts are the same so I think we just have a slightly larger gap in the wheel well. Possibly why I was able to run 15mm spacers in the rear without rubbing.
    Sounds reasonable.

SC

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I had an OEM coupe spoiler on, wrapped with c/f. It bubbled up so then I switched to a c/f one non OEM from Asia but slightly bigger all around. Will post pic later.
    Excellent! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    BTW, those cars you are showing are not regular coupes/sedans. I'd like to see those for comparison.
    Really? I just grabbed random photos I found on cars.com. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The only one that looks weird to me is the Alpine M3 - I think that photo is squished horizontally. What do you see that's irregular?

SC

OK, so I see Bimmian has two things:

1) A painted lip spoiler in two different sizes; one for coupe and one for sedan/vert. $229.
    http://www.bimmian.com/Painted-Lip-Spoiler-for-BMW

So, presumably it wouldn't need to be modified to fit, which I'd prefer. Fit/finish looks really great in the photos.

2) A CSL-style lid from Status Gruppe. There's the full CF, or the cheaper FRP that would need to be painted. A grand either either way all-in.
    http://www.bimmian.com/Status-Gruppe...W-E46-3-Series

I might try one of the little spoilers at some point.

SC

Verts are 3/4" wider fender well to fender well
    what really? Didn't know that. But what do you mean by fender well? I know what that is obviously but does that mean the flares are wider and the rear track is wider?

edit: nvm, didnt read through the thread.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12