Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Thanks for this helpful thread, I just changed my suspension out for koni yellows and i forgot what it feels like to not have blown shocks!
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    Thanks for this helpful thread, I just changed my suspension out for koni yellows and i forgot what it feels like to not have blown shocks!
    Glad my old thread helped!

Only things I'd update now would be consideration of a spherical RTAB by Bimmerworld or Moog. Oh and maybe a bit about sway bars - I have a front M3 bar sitting in my basement that needs to be installed, along with needing to procure a 330Cic rear bar.

I'd also love to see how my suspension refresh compares to the one proposed using Sachs Pro Touring.
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 11-11-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Just ordered some koni yellows on sale from race consulting agency. About 530 shipped for the yellow and 430 for the special actives if anyone is looking for a deal.

Damn, that's a great, price, only ~$20 more than what I paid six years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Just ordered some koni yellows on sale from race consulting agency. About 530 shipped for the yellow and 430 for the special actives if anyone is looking for a deal.
    Wow, talk about a deal! I'd be all over those Special Actives if I didn't already have the Yellows, especially at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Oh and maybe a bit about sway bars - I have a front M3 bar sitting in my basement that needs to be installed, along with needing to procure a 330Cic rear bar.
    Is this the preferred setup for ZHPs? I need to look into this since I am in the process of changing out portions of my suspension. I'm also looking to get a set of Turner rear lower adjustable control arms to install on my ZHP so the more info the better

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Is this the preferred setup for ZHPs? I need to look into this since I am in the process of changing out portions of my suspension. I'm also looking to get a set of Turner rear lower adjustable control arms to install on my ZHP so the more info the better
    Not sure if it's the preferred, but I remember one or two people around here running that setup and being happy with it.

Springs and sway bars should be matched, so if you are running stock springs then you will want BMW sway bars like the ones from the M3 and convertible. If you are running Eibach springs, you are going to want Eibach sway bars. If you are running H&R springs you are going to want H&R sway bars etc.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Yeah pretty much. There are three OE+ options for the front:

M3 coupe 26mm, straight tabs
    M3 vert 27mm, straight tabs
    Z4M 27mm, turned tabs

The non-m bars came with the turned tabs, so OEM end links can sometimes bind with an M3 bar.

And for the rear, the M3 bar will not fit on non-m, so our best OE+ rear bar is the 20mm from either an xi or vert.

I have the Z4M front + xi rear bars w/ lemforder links right now and they're great for street, but my car has been basically retired from the street so I'm jumping up to Hotchkis if anyone wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah pretty much. There are three OE+ options for the front:

M3 coupe 26mm, straight tabs
    M3 vert 27mm, straight tabs
    Z4M 27mm, turned tabs

The non-m bars came with the turned tabs, so OEM end links can sometimes bind with an M3 bar.

And for the rear, the M3 bar will not fit on non-m, so our best OE+ rear bar is the 20mm from either an xi or vert.

I have the Z4M front + xi rear bars w/ lemforder links right now and they're great for street
    Hmm...I have an M3 bar waiting to go in. Any advantage to the Z4M front over the M3 bar? I'd take that Ci/Xi rear sway bar, though!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    ...my car has been basically retired from the street so I'm jumping up to Hotchkis if anyone wants them.
    And wth, ol' dog dick is a going to be treat exclusively in Hoosiers?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617