Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    As others have said: standard rear Koni shocks for our cars are adjustable, but not externally adjustable at the top and have to be removed to be adjusted. Standard front Koni struts are externally adjustable and are adjusted easily with the included knob like in the diagram Sockethead (Rob) provided.

Having futzed with the rear shocks to get them the same setting before putting them in, externally adjustable rear shocks would be very nice. I don't plan to track often (still haven't even gone yet) and because of that, I thought it worth saving the money to just get regular Koni rear shocks rather than the more expensive externally adjustable ones slater (Peter) are mentioning.

Here's the pics:

This is what I was talking about with certain strut bars... Mine has to come off to change settings which really sucks

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Here's the part number off the rear shocks

Someone was talking about how Bilstein sport is a shorter shock:

Both shocks are the same height mounted in the car. The Koni has about 2" protruding below the pinch mount
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Sweet! Thanks Rob. Very helpful. I have my eye on an M3 OE strut bar for that exact reason - adjust without removing the bar (just the cosmetic cap). Now to find those Koni's on sale. Probably have to wait till March for that.

Blake - 2005 330i ZHP 6-sp

Check Tirerack for prices on the Koni's. It was the best I could find when I did mine years ago.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Rob beat me to it, but the Koni part numbers are listed in the first post of this thread and are:
    • 8741-1390RSPORT - Front right
    • 8741-1390LSPORT - Front left
    • 8040-1271SPORT - Rear shocks

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Check Tirerack for prices on the Koni's. It was the best I could find when I did mine years ago.
    Agreed. That's where I was going to buy them originally until I found them cheaper at a website/company I had never heard of called Race Consulting Agency who had them for under $500 shipped.

Good stuff going on here.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46fanatic

I took the car for an extended test drive after swapping the shocks. I'm very happy with the swap. The suspension seems much more compliant. I have the Konis turned all the way down for now.
    In all fairness, the old rear shock mounts were punched through and the strut bearings were getting a little rough, I'm sure that may have been a factor on the old setup.
    The beauty is that if I start to feel that it's too soft, I'll just dial up the shocks
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Rob beat me to it, but the Koni part numbers are listed in the first post of this thread and are:
    • 8741-1390RSPORT - Front right
    • 8741-1390LSPORT - Front left
    • 8040-1271SPORT - Rear shocks

Agreed. That's where I was going to buy them originally until I found them cheaper at a website/company I had never heard of called Race Consulting Agency who had them for under $500 shipped.
    I checked race consulting agency and prices on site are $190 each for front and $118 each for rear - $616 total. How'd you get for $500? Did you call them?

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

Awesome. Koni sounds like a good setup

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast