Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Can you post some pictures of the wheels in the wheel well? Is the change in caster really that noticeable from a "looks" standpoint?
    Here is what she looks like. To be honest I don't see much a difference in the wheel position within the wheel well.

Last edited by anandoc; 06-11-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i've not used the Z4M FCABs but they appear to be a good alternative - the only downside i can see is that they do move the wheel further forward in the wheel well, which might look a bit off. otherwise they increase caster and that's a good thing.
    Okay, sounds good. Thanks for all your help! Any idea with regard to the Z4M RTABs? I don't know a whole lot about them other than that article I referenced (link: http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=515)

the rear shocks on these cars are absolutely cake to replace - you'll be able to do it in 30mins with basic hand tools.

i haven't tackled the fronts yet but they also look dirt simple. you will need a spring compressor, though.
    Yeah, the rear shocks look pretty straight forward to me. I don't have a bushing tool so I don't know if I'll tackle the RTABs myself or not. FCABs don't look too hard to do either. As you say, the front struts may be a little more involved. I think my father has spring compressors laying around but if not I may just leave it to an indy.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I used Z4M FCABs when I got my front suspension refreshed in March. They are a direct plug and play and has given me increased castor (5.9 degrees). Handling feels great and the steering feels tight!
    Nice. Any downsides you've had so far? Any other things you have noticed?

Here is what she looks like. To be honest I don't see much a difference in the wheel position within the wheel well.
    You're right, I can't tell a whole lot of difference from the photo. I wouldn't think it would move the wheel very far forward.

I used Z4M FCABs when I got my front suspension refreshed in March. They are a direct plug and play and has given me increased castor (5.9 degrees). Handling feels great and the steering feels tight!
    Same here on both my cars.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Same here on both my cars. We did have to put one in the freezer for 15 min as it would not go on. Thanks to Bruce for remembering that trick.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Same here on both my cars. We did have to put one in the freezer for 15 min as it would not go on. Thanks to Bruce for remembering that trick.
    Okay, cool, thanks for the info! I PMed Stephen (username: stephenkirsh) since I remember he put them on earlier last year and he said he liked them as well and has had no issues.

I just ordered the full set of Konis from Race Consulting Agency for $498 shipped tonight so we'll see when they arrive. Now I've got to line up all the ancillary parts, Z4M FCABs, and figure out what RTABs I want to do. Any suggestions? I've been leaning Z4M RTABs as I said earlier, but am out of my depth on those.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Okay, sounds good. Thanks for all your help! Any idea with regard to the Z4M RTABs? I don't know a whole lot about them other than that article I referenced (link: http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=515)
    sorry, forgot to answer about that. the Z4M RTABs are the same as E46 M3 RTABs, and they work, yes. they are slightly stiffer durometer rubber than the OE bushings. those with limiters would be OK.

You're right, I can't tell a whole lot of difference from the photo. I wouldn't think it would move the wheel very far forward.
    anando's pic doesn't show much perceptible difference, but i seem to remember seeing another car and there was a noticeable difference. weird!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

this is the pic i was thinking of... stephen's car. now that i look at it again, the front wheels might be turner ever so slightly to the left...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

sorry, forgot to answer about that. the Z4M RTABs are the same as E46 M3 RTABs, and they work, yes. they are slightly stiffer durometer rubber than the OE bushings. those with limiters would be OK.
    No worries! Hmm...I'll have to decide between those and the spherical ones you suggested. When are you replacing them on your car?

anando's pic doesn't show much perceptible difference, but i seem to remember seeing another car and there was a noticeable difference. weird!
    this is the pic i was thinking of... stephen's car. now that i look at it again, the front wheels might be turner ever so slightly to the left...
    You're right, Stephen's car looks like it has more, but doesn't look bad or out of place to me. Thanks for tracking that down, and for all the info you've given me! It's definitely been helpful.

No worries! Hmm...I'll have to decide between those and the spherical ones you suggested. When are you replacing them on your car?
    that's the $64 question... i have a pile of parts to install, and need to line up a day off work with a day i can rent a hoist at a local shop. combined with everything else going on, it might not even be this month!

You're right, Stephen's car looks like it has more, but doesn't look bad or out of place to me. Thanks for tracking that down, and for all the info you've given me! It's definitely been helpful.
    no prob, happy to help.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

So now that I have the Konis and Rogue Engineering RSMs ordered, I have to order all the other ancillary parts. This is a large favor, but can someone verify that these are the correct part numbers? I'm hoping it would help whoever else might be looking to refresh their suspension in a similar manner. I'm planning to just go OEM for all of them:

• Strut tower reinforcement plates (51717036781)
    • Front strut mount (31336752735)
    • Front spring pads (Upper: 31331091867, Lower: 31331096664)
    • Rear spring pads (Upper: 33531136385, Lower: 33531094518)
    • Bump stops (Front: 31306757046, Rear: 33531138109)
    • Dust boots (Front: 31331094749, Rear: 33521136283)
    • Z4M Front Control Arm Bushing (FCAB) (Left: 31107836862, Right: 31107836863)

Also, do I need to replace the bolts for the FCABs? I believe they are part no 33306760652. Is that correct? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by BMWCurves; 06-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast