Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks here also- acquired all the parts based on your list. Saved me a ton of time and searching! Rear is done, planning to knock the front out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Great advice. Several of us are planning refreshes during the spring Koni sale. Colin's OB car is now a candidate...
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    +1

Thank you William, it is threads like these that make this forum incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmergofast View Post
    Thanks here also- acquired all the parts based on your list. Saved me a ton of time and searching! Rear is done, planning to knock the front out this weekend.
    Glad to hear I've helped people out! I feel like I'm gradually repaying all of the help I've gotten from this forum.

EDIT: cleaned up the first post a bit with more information and ease of use.

In for your thoughts!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

What shocks/struts are you going to use?

Very nice thread, thanks for posting up!

I posted this on FB too, but I dont understand the hate towards poly RTABs. When you put limiters on the rubber bushings you restrict the articulation exactly the same way as poly RTABs do. I ran limiters with stock bushings, and those bushings still failed, the poly's should last a lot longer. I dont see any downsides to poly.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Very nice thread, thanks for posting up!

I posted this on FB too, but I dont understand the hate towards poly RTABs. When you put limiters on the rubber bushings you restrict the articulation exactly the same way as poly RTABs do. I ran limiters with stock bushings, and those bushings still failed, the poly's should last a lot longer. I dont see any downsides to poly.
    with the limiters and OE bushings there is still some room for initial movement, but it is ultimately 'limited.'

the poly bushings limit movement from the get-go... however... the big issue here is that the rear trailing arm articulates the RTAB in more than one axis. poly generally does not play nicely with this type of movement and ultimately will result in less grip.

a spherical bearing will allow correct articulation, much better than the stock bushing without limiters, too! there is also zero slop. MAN i am excited to get these installed in my car!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    with the limiters and OE bushings there is still some room for initial movement, but it is ultimately 'limited.'

the poly bushings limit movement from the get-go... however... the big issue here is that the rear trailing arm articulates the RTAB in more than one axis. poly generally does not play nicely with this type of movement and ultimately will result in less grip.

a spherical bearing will allow correct articulation, much better than the stock bushing without limiters, too! there is also zero slop. MAN i am excited to get these installed in my car!

peter
    I been on the fence thinking if I should get limiters with the z4m trailing arm bushings.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I been on the fence thinking if I should get limiters with the z4m trailing arm bushings.
    Same boat...is it really going to make a difference over just replacing/upgrading the bushings themselves? Car feels fine as it is...my commute to Arlington isn't a Spec E46 race...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    Same boat...is it really going to make a difference over just replacing/upgrading the bushings themselves? Car feels fine as it is...my commute to Arlington isn't a Spec E46 race...
    No. Just upgrade the factory stuff to z4m and be done with it.

But here is an interesting article about using limiters. Worth a read

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=421

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    No. Just upgrade the factory stuff to z4m and be done with it.

But here is an interesting article about using limiters. Worth a read

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=421
    yep, and i agree. the Z4M bushings with limiters would be fine for a street car.

i am personally installing the bimmerworld sealed spherical bearings, because knowing they exist, i simply cannot NOT use them - they are an ingenious solution using an OEM bearing, and will only improve the car's handling and grip, with no reported downsides (usage reports state no additional NVH).

my car is a street car and family hauler - i am crazy about retaining ride quality and comfort - but i am also crazy about making sure things work as best as they can.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast