Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The dimensions just weren't precise I think, took some loving to get it in, but no modification needed to make it fit.

As far as the suspension.. I'm not sure, the front should be pre-assembled, but I'm not sure how the back comes. Got the kit from Turner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Monaco Blue Metallic ZHP 6MT -- Black Cube / Black Leather -- Black Kidney Grilles -- Aux Input Retrofit -- Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts -- H&R Sport Springs -- TMS/Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors -- Stoptech Street Perf. Pads

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten407 View Post
    The dimensions just weren't precise I think, took some loving to get it in, but no modification needed to make it fit.

As far as the suspension.. I'm not sure, the front should be pre-assembled, but I'm not sure how the back comes. Got the kit from Turner

If you got this kit,
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-47...n-package.aspx

Then install will be simple.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Radiator, expansion tank, hoses, thermostat housing, water pump, and two pulleys replaced. Mileage is at almost 78k, CSF rad looks great, was a pain getting it in but it fits! Very happy that I won't have to worry about the cooling system too much for a while!

Bilstein/H&R suspension kit comes in today, may have to wait for my next paycheck to put them on.. How hard is it to do myself? I can figure it out I'm sure, but my patience and sanity will break first... Should I just pay someone to do it? Anyone know of a good install thread?

Looking good. DIY the suspension for sure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

When I did my cooling system overhaul I definitely had to struggle with the radiator even with an OEM replacement. Tolerances weren't perfect and made for a curse-filled hour.

If you did get the kit like Vas linked, it should be easy. If not, you'll need spring compressors for the struts in the front, but the rears should be easy to do on your own.

I appreciate all the input everyone, I did not get the fully assembled package, just the shocks/struts/springs, so I figured on the spring compressors, but is there anything else I should look for? I did coil overs on my truck, so I'm not sure how much more complicated this is

2005 Monaco Blue Metallic ZHP 6MT -- Black Cube / Black Leather -- Black Kidney Grilles -- Aux Input Retrofit -- Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts -- H&R Sport Springs -- TMS/Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors -- Stoptech Street Perf. Pads

Radiator, expansion tank, hoses, thermostat housing, water pump, and two pulleys replaced. Mileage is at almost 78k, CSF rad looks great, was a pain getting it in but it fits! Very happy that I won't have to worry about the cooling system too much for a while!

Bilstein/H&R suspension kit comes in today, may have to wait for my next paycheck to put them on.. How hard is it to do myself? I can figure it out I'm sure, but my patience and sanity will break first... Should I just pay someone to do it? Anyone know of a good install thread?

I appreciate all the input everyone, I did not get the fully assembled package, just the shocks/struts/springs, so I figured on the spring compressors, but is there anything else I should look for? I did coil overs on my truck, so I'm not sure how much more complicated this is

I did the H&R Sport/Koni Yellow swap on my zhp with the only special tools being the spring compressors for the front assemblies. I opted to buy the Schwaben ones for about $30 or so for peace of mind they were in good condition and that I wouldn't shoot a spring across the garage in the process. Take your time working logically and you shouldn't be swearing...too much. 😜

-Brettski

She's done! Had a mechanic friend help with the install. The Bilsteins and H&R ride so well, it makes me think the stock suspension was worn out. Much tighter in the corners, dampening on the small bumps is awesome, and the car sits exactly where I want it. Overall couldn't be happier with my decision. Looks like spacers on sale from TMS might be a good investment to push the wheels to the edge of the fenders, as they are a bit tucked in for my taste. Also looking to replace the exterior lights with LEDs for a cleaner look in the future. Let me know what you guys think! Also I may put the stock springs up for sale soon.

Name:  IMG_7631.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  1.70 MBName:  IMG_7655.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  2.36 MBName:  IMG_7656.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  1.47 MB

Last edited by rtotten407; 07-06-2015 at 03:56 PM.

P.S. I keep going back and forth on painting the sun beaten trunk lid or using the money for a CSL trunk... Problem is the side supports of my roof also need painted... Any input?

Looks good. And I say paint.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

How much lower is the car on new suspension?
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast