Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Is this the right drain plug?

So I changed my oil the other day and ran into a problem. I bought all my stuff from the local dealer. When I went to put on the new crush washer it didn't fit. Was way too small. I had my girlfriend run me back to dealer in her car. I was able to get a washer from them out of the shop, but they think the plug is not OE. Ye mechanic said it should be a Allen wrench head and not a hex head. Is this correct? What does y'all's look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the oil drain plug? If should look like this: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES1895506/

The BMW Part number is 11131273093, at least for my '05 330Ci ZHP.

I guess I should measure my old crush washer and that would be a better indicator of the bolt is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    So I changed my oil the other day and ran into a problem. I bought all my stuff from the local dealer.
    BMW dealer?

Your mechanic is misinformed. It's not an Allen head.

He may be thinking tranny/diff.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ok that is what I thought. I was in the parts dept and I was asking the guy if it would be different bc it is an m sport package and he said that it has a regular m54 engine. I assured him that I knew for a fact that the engine was different in some ways, but he disagreed. The mechanic overhead us and butted in to comment that only internals are different, which is what I thought. But after that I didn't have much faith in the parts guy. Does anyone have an old crush washer/plug or know the diameter of it? I don't want to buy a new plug offline to find it doesn't fit bc my pan has been drilled and retapped.

Autozone.com
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_2187

According to this it is 12mm inner diameter x 17mm outer. Item nr. 4 on diagram.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk