Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think you're looking for diamond silver (what BBS wheels have) or hyper silver finish. I think this is the closest to the OEM finish you get. Stuart can you chime in here regarding colors?

Yep, you're absolutely right... Duplicolor makes hyper silver in a rattle can that looks pretty close. I think it might end up looking too much like chrome though, which is why I didn't like the hyper black they were originally.

Here's an example I found: http://blog.fcpeuro.com/2014/10/17/h...-alloy-wheels/

Wheels are done!

I ended up using normal duplicolor silver wheel paint. They're a little darker than stock and they have a little more metallic, but I'd say they came out pretty good.

Also installed GC coilovers. Super happy with them. I'll post some pictures after I get the ride height dialed in

Finally got them on.

I ran into a bit of a problem, though... my wheel bolts and hubs (I think) are rusted pretty badly and need to be addressed. One of them was seized up so bad that I twisted off the head of the bolt trying to get it off.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Would it be sufficient to just get new bolts and not replace the hubs? Will the old hubs just make the new bolts rust?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Wheels look great. Was it the bolt hole that's rusted?

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.
    Thanks! I think its the bolt holes and the bolts themselves. Tightening them feels terrible, the threads are really dry and stick in a couple places.

Maybe others here can assist. I'd lean towards replacing them.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.

I would replace the bolts at least and use something like anti seize to make sure they don't get stuck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Maybe others here can assist. I'd lean towards replacing them.

Thumbs, iPhone, TaT.
    Yeah, I'm thinking thats probably my best bet. Changing all the hubs is pretty costly and a lot of work though, so I'd rather not if I don't need to. Then again, that would save me the hassle of removing the broken wheel bolt...

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I would replace the bolts at least and use something like anti seize to make sure they don't get stuck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought about using anti seize, but I know it lubricates the threads and can change the tightening torque so I decided against it. Not sure if it actually matters though. Have you used anti seize on yours?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast