Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks, guys!

Lord, it's hard to sit in my office and do work when I know my car is sitting at home waiting for me in the garage. Is it bad that I just want to go home and play with my car... And clean it, and touch it, and drive it?

Back to work.

SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    Thanks, guys!

Lord, it's hard to sit in my office and do work when I know my car is sitting at home waiting for me in the garage. Is it bad that I just want to go home and play with my car... And clean it, and touch it, and drive it?

Back to work.

SC
    TGIF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Beautiful vert!

I went with a Shark Tune mainly becasue I could install it myself rather than shipping my DME off. It didn't make a significant difference in power but it ran noticeably smoother. I went with the PedalBox to reduce the throttle lag.

Personally I think one of the first things on your list should be a wind deflector. I couldn't imagine having a vert without one.

Also, if you're thinking about a hardtop Rando's neighbor has a silver one and the install kit he's itching to get rid of.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Beautiful vert!
    Thanks! Ditto! Would have loved a dark car (Sparkling Graphite is a fave), but with black interior, I think it would have been really hot here in the high-desert Utah sun.

I went with a Shark Tune mainly becasue I could install it myself rather than shipping my DME off. It didn't make a significant difference in power but it ran noticeably smoother. I went with the PedalBox to reduce the throttle lag.
    OK, so you're using the PedalBox *and* the Shark? The Shark is supposed to eliminate the lag by itself, right? The Turner page says:

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    The Shark Injector software modifies the part throttle and full throttle maps for fuel, variable valve timing, ignition, knock sensor control, and other areas to extract more power. The car won’t hesitate or lag, making the car easier to drive.
    So, using both, you're sort of doubling-up on the curves, aren't you? I realize the PedalBox gives you a little more control, but I would assume that the map on the sport mode on the PedalBox and the map in the Shark are similar. Does it make the throttle super-touchy?

I think I might start with the Shark because I know I want it, and because it does more, see how I like it, than add the PedalBox later if I still want more throttle sensitivity. Make sense?

Personally I think one of the first things on your list should be a wind deflector. I couldn't imagine having a vert without one.
    I got one with the car! Found out after I'd already bought the car. It's in the trunk. I haven't even taken it out yet because I haven't been in the car by myself with the top down. I'll probably have two kids in the back seat a good chunk of the time, but if my wife and I head up to the mountains without the kids, I'll definitely throw it on there and try it out. At this point, the newness of having a convertible means I don't even mind the buffeting and turbulence.

Also, if you're thinking about a hardtop Rando's neighbor has a silver one and the install kit he's itching to get rid of.
    Oooohh... Interesting. Ti Ag, even? My hoarder instinct just kicked in. It thinks I should grab that bad boy just to have it. The more pragmatic side says, "Yeah, but you're only going to drive this car on weekends and nice days, not in the winter at all, and probably very rarely even if it's raining, so isn't it just going to sit in the rack and collect dust?" and it would be right - unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the info!

SC

If Shark does address throttle lag then go for it. But Dane has a Shark and he still needed an extra box for the lag. So did William. Throttle 'responsiveness' is different than the throttle lag associated with drive by wire.

sent from mobile device
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Well done, man ! Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    If Shark does address throttle lag then go for it. But Dane has a Shark and he still needed an extra box for the lag. So did William. Throttle 'responsiveness' is different than the throttle lag associated with drive by wire.

sent from mobile device
    This

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks, guys! Making my shopping list. Lots of stuff to buy. Long-term ongoing project.

Drove the car in the mountains today and had an absolute blast. The car is so damn much fun to drive.

I want to do some research on what's been done and do some of the other PM. Also thinking about new tires and wheel repair and thinking about cleaning up all four wheels and maybe powder coating with a darker gunmetal like a couple of others have done. Good winter project.

Cheers,
    SC

I haven't had time to do much else to the car other than tidying up the trunk and glove box a little. There's a few invoices for tires and oil changes, but no window sticker as some have found and as I'd hoped.

Went for a spin with the fam on Monday night. The car is intoxicating. Love the exhaust sound.

Didn't touch the car last night, but I did start assembling a file, and will pick up a binder this weekend in which to put everything.

I called the stealer this afternoon to schedule both safety and emissions inspections. The safety inspection is state-mandated and emissions are county-mandated. $48 for both, which seamed cheap for stealer. I think safety inspection is price-regulated.

I must have missed the field on the service form for VIN because a young customer service kid called me back to get it. I gave it to him, he asked if it was my first BMW, I said it was, and so he started telling me a about service and inspections. He asked for the mileage and I told him just under 42,000 and I think he dropped the phone. "Wha? Wait... Wha?" 42,000? Not 142,000? LOLs. Low-mileage BMW's aren't that rare, are they?

Then, he started telling me about Inspection 2, that it was due at 60,000, and that it's usually $1600-2200. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wouldn't hit 60k miles for like 3-4 years, and that all that stuff would be done long before then, but I thanked him for the info and told him I'd talk to the service advisor about it when I was there on Friday morning.

I'm really hoping I can sweet-talk somebody into giving me some service records on the car, even if the owner info has to be redacted.

Been reading up on tires based on recommendations here, and researching wheel reconditioning and powder-coating locally.

Cheers,
    SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I'm really hoping I can sweet-talk somebody into giving me some service records on the car, even if the owner info has to be redacted.
    I assume it is a state by state thing. When I purchased my car the owners had no records but had serviced it at a Portland, OR dealership its whole life. After I purchased the car I went to a separate dealership and requested service records. All they needed was proof of ownership which I gave via my ID and my registration for the car. They came back out with non-identifying records in about five minutes.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast