Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Style 135 modifications/color change

I have mentioned before that I want to fix my rash and refinish my wheels, but am uncertain of what I want in color. I don't really like the factory finish against SG. First I thought gunmetal, then hyper silver, then hyper black! One thing is for sure, I do not know what I want. I have decided to dip them charcoal to see what I think.

I digress, I thought it would be cool to see some pics of other colors that people have painted their 135 wheels. Maybe even an official style 135 thread where we can have a consolidated place to post pictures/discussion for reference.

Pictures appreciated

-Holden

I'd avoid black. Most black wheels look tacky/ricey IMO. A lighter shade than your car would give the overall look some contrast and add a bit of colour, so I'd do a variation of silver. Then again, I think 135s look great out of the factory.

I agree. Stay sway from black

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Gunmetal for sure. My last car, I dipped the wheels Anthracite and it was a nice color also
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Ill post here when I get my wheels back. They're getting done Shadow Chrome (e39 m5 wheels)

I'm gonna dip them "charcoal" but the thinking when I paint them I might do something super bright like hyper silver, but in a single color. So it wouldn't actually be hyper silver.

I can't make up my mind!

Also just noticed that the arc 8 is the only apex wheel offered in hyper black. Unlike most I don't like the arc 8 and love the ex7 and ps7

-Holden

Quote Originally Posted by 05Imola View Post
    Ill post here when I get my wheels back. They're getting done Shadow Chrome (e39 m5 wheels)
    I look forward to seeing it!

Anyone got pictures? Especially a SG with any color other than stock.

-Holden

If I ever did anything with my wheels I'd have them done in this finish. It's not chrome but somewhere in between.

Name:  KONIG-Dial-In-bright-silver-MX5-Wheels1-600x600.jpg
Views: 2772
Size:  82.1 KB

like that
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That hyper-silver semi-polished bright color would look awesome on a dark car.

I agree black is tough to pull off. It looks pretty awesome on some really high-end cars, and preferably on a really simple whee. But, I agree... On some cars - even ours, it can still be kind of cool, but also at the risk of adding a side of rice. On a wheel like the 135, I think the unfortunate thing is that the black would hide most of the wheel's design in anything but the brightest sunlight.

My car is TiAg, so the wheels are a similar color. I'm wondering if a little contrast might look cool. I'm typically pretty conservative with mods. I like a mostly-OE look, or if modded, very tastefully, very subtly done. I love the 135's... It's one of the things that really attracted me to the ZHP. I just think it's a beautiful wheel. Somehow sporty, and high-performance looking, but also really sophisticated. It's just a damn pretty wheel. I think a little darker color might make for a little contrast with the and add just a touch of modern in the process.

I searched "bmw style 135 gunmetal" and found a thumbnail from Vortex Tuning. I've been sitting on it a few days, but the more I look at it, the more I love it. I think it might look really awesome with Titan Silber. I did a half-assed mockup in Photoshop. Lighting isn't ideal, but what do you guys think?

Another benefit is that it wouldn't look filthy two miles down the road from the carwash.

Anyway have any idea what that color is? Is there an actual BMW color that's close to that? Space Gray Metallic in the ballpark?

Cheers,
    SC

Name:  VT208_GM_1.jpg
Views: 7951
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0015-stack-dark.jpg
Views: 5172
Size:  316.9 KB

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast