Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Why not DWS. She doesn't have winter wheels, correct?

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Discount tire usually runs ~80 for install and other fees in my experience. Just to throw in my two cents, huge fan of PSS though I haven't ran them on a ZHP (yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lublisha View Post
    Discount tire usually runs ~80 for install and other fees in my experience. Just to throw in my two cents, huge fan of PSS though I haven't ran them on a ZHP (yet)

That are the bee's knees.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Why not DWS. She doesn't have winter wheels, correct?

---
    +1

I have been using dws 06 for the last 6 months or so and I have been happy with them... They are not as good as summer tires for spirited driving but they handle an inch of snow pretty well... Highly recommend them if you are not looking for performance oriented tires...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Got a set of dedicated winters for it.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Got a set of dedicated winters for it.
    That's a game changer then.

---

I had PSSs on mine for the last 24k but they were getting used up and the wet weather traction was bad. I went with Pilot A/S3s this time. They do ride smoother than the PSSs but I can feel the sidewall flex upon turn in to corners. It's not bad but it's different. They do grip well though. The one thing I really do like is that they don't seem to grab onto road irregularities like the PSSs did. At times I'd feel like they were trying to pull me in a completely different direction - so much so that I wondered if I had a suspension issue. That whole thing went away with the A/S3s.

Brewer90 ... long time no see ! Let's meet up one of these days. How are things going with the NAV unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I will share my experience with the Conti DW. Stock sizing for the zhp.

Based on my records I bought a new set from tirerack for my wife's zhp back in 10/9/14 when the car had 122,858. This past weekend I took them off and put the winter set-up on her car. Date is 1/2/16 and mileage on the car is 135,830. So that is roughly 12,972 and a little bit over a year of use.

Pressure set was 34 front / 36 rear. Factory alignment specs.

The rear tires have worn down to the wear indicators in the center. The outside of the tires are still okay but they will not pass inspection here where I live.
    The front tires are still in good condition and still have a good amount of rubber left. I did not measure the depth but can with my depth gauge.

My guess is that I will be able to get another 13,000 miles on them. So I will buy another set of rears and run them till the front are gone.

I understand they are summer tires but the UTQG rating is 340 AA A. I was expecting a little bit more out of them to be honest especially with the car just being a daily driver. But the wife liked them and I did as well. Pretty great in the dry and really awesome in the wet. Quite and comfy.

EDIT:

MY other zhp has Bridgestone Potenza S04. I got almost 22,000 miles on the rear tires.

My suggestions is to go with those instead.
    RTABs ever replaced on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
    I had PSSs on mine for the last 24k but they were getting used up and the wet weather traction was bad. I went with Pilot A/S3s this time. They do ride smoother than the PSSs but I can feel the sidewall flex upon turn in to corners. It's not bad but it's different. They do grip well though. The one thing I really do like is that they don't seem to grab onto road irregularities like the PSSs did. At times I'd feel like they were trying to pull me in a completely different direction - so much so that I wondered if I had a suspension issue. That whole thing went away with the A/S3s.
    Personally I think A/S3s are more than sufficient for something with as little power as the ZHP. I'm going to get the A/S3 plus myself (supposed to be pretty similar, except better in snow)

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    RTABs ever replaced on the car?

Personally I think A/S3s are more than sufficient for something with as little power as the ZHP. I'm going to get the A/S3 plus myself (supposed to be pretty similar, except better in snow)
    Have not replaced the rtab yet. What are the symptoms of bad ones?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast