OK, so my tires have a little more wear than I thought when I bought the car, and they're actually a bit of a mess. Something I would have addressed in my offer if I had seen the car in person. The front two are both Pilot Sports, but the driver's-side is a PS2, and the passenger-side must be older (PS1?) as it's a totally different tread pattern and cracking. Lord. People amaze me. Just replace both, for chrissakes. Anyway, the rears are both Eagle F1s, but again look pretty different like maybe they're different revision, or it's just that the right-rear is worn much worse, and one of them is noisy to boot. So, I need to move up the tire replacement in the priority list, I think.

I'd like to stay with the 135's and the OEM staggered setup. I don't need to drive the car in the winter at all. I'll probably avoid driving the car in rain most of the time, but of course I could end up driving in some rain on a weekend trip or long outing. Weather in my part of the country can be pretty unpredictable. I probably won't track the car, but if I do, it would be a once or twice a year thing for fun; if I got serious about it, I'd probably go with a dedicated set of wheels and tires for track day.

I don't need ultimate performance, and I'd rather not spend north of a grand on a set of tires right now, anyway. Probably a good happy medium between dry performance, tread wear, and budget would be good. Something non-directional would be nice to be able to at least flip the backs if necessary.

Pilot Super Sports look nice and seem well-regarded at around $800, and Tire Rack loves them. People also seem to really like the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, and they're pretty inexpensive to boot at under $700. The Conti ExtremeContact DW (which I assume is similar to the original tires) also look good and are pretty damn inexpensive compared to the Pilots - especially with the rebate... I'd be looking at around $650 shipped in if I can't find them cheaper locally.

Sooooo, with all that background, any recommendations for a good tire that you guys are happy with or that you think I'd be happy with?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Apologies if this has all been hashed out already. If so, I'll do a search again.

Thanks!

Cheers,
SC