Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks, guys!!! Great info, and some good options. I'll check out the Potenzas, too.

LOLs... I was digging through the glovebox last night and found paperwork from Sam's Club. The F1's went on about four years and 20k miles ago. Gee, I wonder why the right-rear is worn so badly?

Something tells me it wasn't just the guy's wife that was driving the car.

SC

For what it's worth, my father has had the Continental ExtremeContact DW's on his E39 540i for the past few years (he doesn't put too many miles on his car in a year) and it's a great tire. It's very quiet (I can pretty much carry a conversation at a whisper at 70 mph) and it has great dry/high temp grip. What's surprising is its cold and wet weather performance for a max performance summer tire. It will still lose grip if you really push them, but the loss of grip is manageable and linear. Here in Portland it's cold or wet about eight months out of the year but our weather never really flummoxes the tire.

That said, I'm eyeing the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions as my next tire just to try them out. Currently have Toyo Proxes T1 Sport tires on the rears and Toyo Proxes T1R on the front. No real complaints so far, but would be nice to have the same tires all around.

I'll be interested to hear what you get and what you think of them.

PSS all the way for me.

peter
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

I'm liking the PSSs I put on mine last fall (I have a set of winters for the cold season).

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

PSS again. Started with the Bridgestones no comparison. PSS way more predictable as you push them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Awesome feedback, guys. As usual, the Mafia rocks.

SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    Awesome feedback, guys. As usual, the Mafia rocks.

SC

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    PSS again. Started with the Bridgestones no comparison. PSS way more predictable as you push them.
    #truth

I am on my third set of PSS. Went off the reservation a few times with others, including the Connie ECDWs.

Communicative, predictable (unlike my girlfriends) in the dry and wet.

The downside:

They wear quickly so if your alignment is off, they will get eaten, fast. Also, tend to lose some consistency as you get closer to their wear limits.

As an aside, it was fun being a "chased" car in EVOC. My little 330Ci ate CVPIs for lunch!

Now I'm undecided between these 2 Michelin. Prices are from tire rack before shipping:

Pilot SS. $835 staggered set. UTQG 300. Warranty 30k miles.
    Pilot Sport A/S 3. $821 staggered set. UTQG 500. Warranty 45k miles.

I know the SS are the best, and I really want to try them. But the AS 3 will last more (apparently). I already have the AS 3 on my Mini Cooper and e90 (front ones only). No complaints so far. I never track the car plus my driving is not aggressive.

Thoughts ?

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Well the main difference is that one is a summer tire and the other one is an all-season tire. Depending on your location, do you need an all-season tire? Personally I would do the Pilot SS.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast