Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    hello guys, i do have a question for which i do believe you are the best to give me a reliable answer.

I recently purchased 2 buckles from the states to get the switch for seat belt detection. I know, i am crazy because most of the time people wants to get rid of the annoying warning sound for non fasten seat belts, but i do like security, and i prefer that way, like in my recent F30 that i know if my passenger isn't fasten without having a look to him.
    I wired the buckles correctly to the airbag module and coded the airbag module to take in account the buckles. It seems to work pretty fine, i do now have the gong alert and the light on the dashboard when the seat belt of the driver isn't fasten. But nothing for the passenger. I do see if it is fasten or not with my diagnostic tool, no matter if it is BMW Scanner or INPA, my passenger sensor is working as well, but if someone is sitting on the passenger seat, i don't get the light on my dashboard if the person doesn't fast the seat belt. Same for the driver, once he fasten the seat belt, if I unfasten it, the light goes on, but no gong warning, is that normal ?
    Thanks for the help, as in Europe we didn't get these buckles with seat belt detection, i don't know what is possible or not on E46.

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    hello guys, i do have a question for which i do believe you are the best to give me a reliable answer.

I recently purchased 2 buckles from the states to get the switch for seat belt detection. I know, i am crazy because most of the time people wants to get rid of the annoying warning sound for non fasten seat belts, but i do like security, and i prefer that way, like in my recent F30 that i know if my passenger isn't fasten without having a look to him.
    I wired the buckles correctly to the airbag module and coded the airbag module to take in account the buckles. It seems to work pretty fine, i do now have the gong alert and the light on the dashboard when the seat belt of the driver isn't fasten. But nothing for the passenger. I do see if it is fasten or not with my diagnostic tool, no matter if it is BMW Scanner or INPA, my passenger sensor is working as well, but if someone is sitting on the passenger seat, i don't get the light on my dashboard if the person doesn't fast the seat belt. Same for the driver, once he fasten the seat belt, if I unfasten it, the light goes on, but no gong warning, is that normal ?
    Thanks for the help, as in Europe we didn't get these buckles with seat belt detection, i don't know what is possible or not on E46.
    US vehicles don't detect passenger seat belt connections either. The indicator is only for the driver. It was my understanding that E46's don't monitor the passenger one at all across all models.

As far as alerts go, the only time you get an audible alert is when you start the car. It will beep 8 times at key position 2 if you do not have your driver's seatbelt fastened. After that, it will not beep again until you turn off the car and put it back to position 2 (including starting). The visual indicator will stay there, however.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    US vehicles don't detect passenger seat belt connections either. The indicator is only for the driver. It was my understanding that E46's don't monitor the passenger one at all across all models.

As far as alerts go, the only time you get an audible alert is when you start the car. It will beep 8 times at key position 2 if you do not have your driver's seatbelt fastened. After that, it will not beep again until you turn off the car and put it back to position 2 (including starting). The visual indicator will stay there, however.
    Thanks for your answer az3579, however i am sure that the seatbelt contact is also present in the passenger buckle, because i can see in PA Soft BMW scanner if the seat belt is fasten or not. So basically it seems that there is no logic of "if the seat occupancy sensor detects someone AND the seat belt isn't fasten, i switch the light on on the dashboard" for the airbag module.

that's a pity, because information are present.
    However, thanks for the feedback, i will live with it .

Quote Originally Posted by mauro23 View Post
    Thanks for your answer az3579, however i am sure that the seatbelt contact is also present in the passenger buckle, because i can see in PA Soft BMW scanner if the seat belt is fasten or not. So basically it seems that there is no logic of "if the seat occupancy sensor detects someone AND the seat belt isn't fasten, i switch the light on on the dashboard" for the airbag module.

that's a pity, because information are present.
    However, thanks for the feedback, i will live with it .
    The E46 platform has a smart safety system that is designed to work together. The reason the contacts are there is to detect whether the seat belt is plugged in, in the event of a collision. If it detects the seat belt is plugged in, it will fire the seat belt pre-tensioner, which is an explosive charge attached to the seatbelt receptacle mechanism, in the event of a collision. If it doesn't detect someone sitting there, I don't believe it fires it. So, it has a purpose, it's just not the purpose you were thinking of.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

You are right, i was aware of that, but i really hoped that US specifications was also giving the possibility to chime in case of non fasten seat belt for passenger too ... My bad But it is at least a good improvement to get it for the driver... Thanks for sharing this with me

Glad to help.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678