Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: d233's ZHP

d233's ZHP

Hey guys,

So if you might remember, I bought my first car, an 05 ZHP sedan back around the end of May from a used lot in Baltimore. It's a Silver Grey/ Black leather sedan with about 73k miles. I was finishing up my first year of college in CA at the time and now I'm finally back home and spending time with the car. Unfortunately, it really isn't in very good shape. I neglected to have a PPI done before purchase and now I'm paying for it. The car has been in the shop/dealer twice since I got back home a week ago.

Mechanical items that had/have to be fixed:
    Cooling system overhaul (thermostat/expansion tank both leaking)
    Intake boot (cracked and was leaking air, car was throwing all sorts of codes)
    Cracked differential bushing (have yet to replace)
    Missing exhaust-transmission bracket (still need to replace)
    Oil leak from valve cover gasket (will order part and fix myself)
    Fuel pump/filter (Very scary, car was leaking gasoline everywhere and had to be towed to the dealer)

Mods so far:
    OEM Euro Clears all around

Evidently, the previous owner really didn't care about or maintain the car at all. I've been in contact with the dealer that sold me the car and they have yet to get back to me. The car came with a "30 day powertrain warranty" that will likely cover at least some items. I'm not too worried since the price of the car (10k) was still a steal for a ZHP with low miles like this one.

Exterior Pics

Name:  DSC_1226.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  2.85 MBName:  DSC_1227.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  3.16 MBName:  DSC_1228.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  2.75 MBName:  DSC_1230.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  2.94 MBName:  DSC_1231.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  2.87 MBName:  DSC_1235.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  2.86 MBName:  DSC_1237.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  2.71 MB

The exterior is about a 7/10. The hood has a few dents and superficial scratches. Driver's door has a very deep key scratch as well as smaller marks next to the door handle. Passenger side rear door has two dents. One of the side skirts has yellow paint on it, I guess the previous owner somehow curbed it like that. Rims are pretty badly rashed, I think a set of VMRs is in my future. Not sure if PDR will fix the dents, they look to be from hail damage or something along those lines, and are very small. Will likely have to go to a body shop to fix a couple of the deep scratches.

Interior
    Name:  DSC_1253.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  2.66 MB

Thankfully the interior is in much better shape. Seats are in good condition. The car came with a leather steering wheel which is pretty worn. Shift knob may need replacing soon. Fabric on the A-pillars is coming off. I'd give it an 8/10.

FWIW, the car looks like a nice clean car in the pics! The price was really good, so you should have some wiggle room to give the car some needed TLC beyond what your powertrain warranty will cover.

If the dents are small, PDR can almost certainly fix them right up. The tiny hard-to-see variety are the best kind - especially if they're in good locations.

Alternative to buying VMR's... Refurb the 135's. I'm a bit biased because I love the 135's, and more and more of them appear to be getting separated from our cars... But, you might be able to save a little money by totally refurbing the 135's vs. buying the CSL reps.

Enjoy your time home from college! Before you know it, "summers off" will be a thing of the past.

Cheers,
    SC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    FWIW, the car looks like a nice clean car in the pics! The price was really good, so you should have some wiggle room to give the car some needed TLC beyond what your powertrain warranty will cover.

Enjoy your time home from college! Before you know it, "summers off" will be a thing of the past.
    Agreed! Looks like a nice clean car to me, especially for the price or the mileage. Hopefully none of the mechanical issues you mentioned will have damaged the drivetrain in any serious fashion. It sounds like it has gone to a better owner who will care about it.

Yup, car looks good. Good thing you got those items fixed, hope warranty covers a lot.

sent from mobile device
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture