Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

CD Player on the Fritz

I have a stock head unit on my '04 ZHP that is constantly trying to eject a CD. However, there is no CD in the unit from what I can tell. It has been doing this since I purchased the vehicle. I did notice on the dealer's work order that there were some electrical issues with the unit that was in there and that they replaced the head unit. I purchased it from an Audi dealership. I have tried the following:

- Put a CD in there and really jam it in there. This doesn't work. It just spits it right out.
    - Disconnect the battery. Didn't work.

I'm at a loss. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. My ideas at the moment are limited to the following:

1.) Punch it because it's so annoying.
    2.) Kick it because it's so annoying. I imagine getting my leg up there to kick it will be difficult and since I'm getting older I might hurt myself.
    3.) Head butt it (same problem as #2)
    4.) Hope someone here has a better idea for fixing this issue.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!
    Last edited by markmiller.xu; 06-24-2015 at 02:43 PM.

If I were you, I would take the head unit out of the car and open it. There may be something in there that is causing this constant eject mode.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Buy replacement unit off Ebay, they're cheap and plentiful. Be sure it's a 2004+ model - MP3 compatibility didn't start till sometime in the '04 model year (beginning?).

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Buy replacement unit off Ebay, they're cheap and plentiful. Be sure it's a 2004+ model - MP3 compatibility didn't start till sometime in the '04 model year (beginning?).
    The head unit was already replaced.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.