Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    "Professional" detailers are sometimes good, and sometimes screw up more than they fix. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot unless you have feedback on the shop.
    That's what I'm afraid of and I've never heard any feedback on anybody around here that does it. If I knew I would be getting a good job done I'd probably rather spend $300 or so. I also have to take into consideration that I've never done it....I'd hate to screw up my paint. But any more than that and I'd have to invest in a PC kit and maybe a junkyard hood to practice on. When Dane mentions spending 2 to 3 hours a panel though my back hurts just thinking about it.LOL......I'd have to take my time and stretch it out over 4 or 5 sessions.

Barry

You absolutely can not screw up your paint with the kit I bought. I promise.....unless you're a complete dumba$$.....

I spent the 4 days over Thanksgiving, fully correcting my car. Someone said it looked like candy last night. Pretty happy with that. Now that I have the tools...and one complete session under my belt...I can do it annually to keep it looking perfect and to help protect that perfectness.

Let me know if you wnat more info.

I will be doing it again in spring to remove any light swirls I acrue over the winter....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You absolutely can not screw up your paint with the kit I bought. I promise.....unless you're a complete dumba$$....
    Well, depends who you ask.LOL

Ya, from the videos I've watched etc. it looks pretty idiot proof. I'll be sure to contact you if I have any questions Dane but there is definitely no shortage of online DIYs on detailing.

Maybe I'll try and talk a buddy of mine with a black Nissan to go in with me on a kit and we can help each other out.

Only place I'd be mindful is the ridge of the roof line next to the gutter, and the edge of the back of the trunk. The porter cable can burn through paint, it's just very hard to do. My roofs ridge has about a 1 inch strip of burned clear coat, probably from a rotary buffer used incorrectly at some point.
    - Derek

It's not the tool......it's the pad that won't allow the burn through...according to my peeps....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Are you using the lake country pads? They can burn through paint. It needs a catalyst thought to increase the heat, and the ridge on the roof is a perfect example of what that could be. While polishing your trunk lid, etc. it would probably be darn near impossible as you say.
    - Derek

Yup...lake county.

They are perfectly fine and you can't burn the paint in normal circumstances. I'm guess I'm saying keep in mind that anything is possible.
    - Derek

Damn I've been slacking - working too much! hope it's not too late to get my pre-winter wash/detail still....
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

nice work keep it up dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast