Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UPDATE:

Transmission is out and my clutch is shot. Which I figured its original and has 125,xxx miles on it.

Engine might come out today worst case tomorrow.

Question is now should I even consider switching to a single mass Flywheel or just replace with stock?
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    UPDATE:

Transmission is out and my clutch is shot. Which I figured its original and has 125,xxx miles on it.

Engine might come out today worst case tomorrow.

Question is now should I even consider switching to a single mass Flywheel or just replace with stock?

Only 125k on the clutch? Mine has 228k on the original clutch and still no slipping. Odd.

You could replace with a single mass (also known as a lightweight flywheel) if you want to. The car will rev a lot easier, and will increase acceleration a little bit and make rev matching easier, but do note: you WILL get lots of flywheel chatter. The chatter drove me crazy in my E30, but boy did it rev fast...
    You'll only notice the chatter when the car is stationary and the clutch pedal is out, like if the car's in neutral.

It's a big tradeoff. What's more important to you; performance or comfort?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Only 125k on the clutch? Mine has 228k on the original clutch and still no slipping. Odd.

You could replace with a single mass (also known as a lightweight flywheel) if you want to. The car will rev a lot easier, and will increase acceleration a little bit and make rev matching easier, but do note: you WILL get lots of flywheel chatter. The chatter drove me crazy in my E30, but boy did it rev fast...

It's a big tradeoff. What's more important to you; performance or comfort?
    Yes 125k I have never driven the car easily. Light weight is a consideration and the chatter won't bug me.

I think it's going to come down to the cost of OEM vs light weight once I see how much damage is done to the engine.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

UPDATE:

Motor was pulled today and oil pan removed. Metal everywhere.

#6 Cylinder has very bad damage. The rest of the cylinders were not inspected because the advice of my Indy is to just find another motor.

Photo of #6 attached.

Plan now is to find as low a mile M54 as I can. Then I will swap over the ZHP cams, my already rebuild VANOS and few other recently serviced parts.

I will also be replacing the clutch, doing the CCV, OFHG and a few other odds and ends such as shifter bushings and motor mounts.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Time for you to find a s54.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    Time for you to find a s54.
    If only time and money grew on trees.

If only time and money grew on trees.

I hear ya bud.

Great plan, Dev.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

If money allowed I would go farther with this build. But as a DD and auto x car its perfect.

Plus I am starting my E36 build in December or January.

UPDATE:

Motor was pulled today and oil pan removed. Metal everywhere.

#6 Cylinder has very bad damage. The rest of the cylinders were not inspected because the advice of my Indy is to just find another motor.

Photo of #6 attached.

Plan now is to find as low a mile M54 as I can. Then I will swap over the ZHP cams, my already rebuild VANOS and few other recently serviced parts.

I will also be replacing the clutch, doing the CCV, OFHG and a few other odds and ends such as shifter bushings and motor mounts.

+ headers
    + single mas fw

There, now you're done

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast