Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

New'ish Nashville member here...with purchase story

I'm fairly new to the Mafia family but maybe a few of you have seen the Imola I just purchased in the classifieds from last week. I wanted to share the purchasing story and give the seller all the kudos he deserves for adoring his car in such a meticulous fashion. I feel honored to know he chose me to carry on his ZHP's legacy and can't wait to grow within this Mafia family.

I live in Nashville and I've been battling "no bmw-idous" for quite some time. I had an 03 330i AT w/sport pckg from Texas and long story short I couldn't afford to date the "suck-u-bus" of my past and keep the 330i so I mistakenly parted with the car instead of her. 5'ish years later I had an opportunity to go for the gold and shop for a ZHP.

Ramtyper listed his Imola for sale last week and I somehow was the first to reply. Reluctantly I internally battled whether or not it was worth discussing, yet again, the ZHP or not to ZHP conversation with my wife. We have a great, paid-off, 2012 Toyota Camry that we paid way too much money for and it didn't make sense to sell it for a smaller car that's more prone to more expensive maintenance that's 11 years old. Eventually I got her blessing and I pursued Ramtyper's ZHP.

The car was in Windsor, Connecticut (holy shniekies Batman that's way too far away from Nashville!) but no, it's not too far away for an enthusiast like myself that's been eagerly awaiting another e46 for 5+ years. I flew to Bradley Airport and the car instantly demanded my undivided attention.

We went over all the questions I had and I quickly learned that this owner isn't the norm. He cherished this car and couldn't be more proud of it. Without a doubt, Michael J. Fox went Back to the Future 11 years and brought this ZHP to this small town in CT. It was that pristine!

I'll speed up the story, getting late.

We went through the PPI at New Country BMW in Hartford, CT and afterwards agreed on a fair price for both parties. I then got a world-famous grinder from the local Italian joint and I prepared myself for the 1,000 mile trek back home.

Here are some pictures from the wonderful trip:

Me on the left, seller on the right

Parking the car for the first time to get a Grinder for lunch

Beautiful sunrise from the hotel room in Virginia

Cows and rolling hillsides

Scenic

Scenic

About 6:30am going through foggy mountain

Today I washed the car for the first time and took a few snaps.

Front

Side

Back

Tucked in for bed in her new garage

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by 330i Lover; 07-23-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Official welcome. Great looking car and a nice way to get introduced to it.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Official welcome. Great looking car and a nice way to get introduced to it.
    Thanks, it's laughable to call this a project but yesterday I had such a struggle getting the license plate off so I can send back to the seller. I had to take a hax saw to one of the two screws that attaches the license plate to the license plate bracket because the nut was seized up.

Time for the 'no plate-holder strip' or the 'no holes license plate holder' so you can put that front plate off set. EDIT: that is, if we're talking the front.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Time for the 'no plate-holder strip' or the 'no holes license plate holder' so you can put that front plate off set. EDIT: that is, if we're talking the front.
    It's always the rear one that's a problem. The screws for the license plate holder rusts and as a result usually ends up either just spinning endlessly or being seized. I've had to replace two license plate holders in my ownership because of this.

Sometimes the screws that attach the plate to the holder do this as well, though the screws supplied in the kit I believe are stainless, so if anything the threads on the inside get messed up.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It's always the rear one that's a problem. The screws for the license plate holder rusts and as a result usually ends up either just spinning endlessly or being seized. I've had to replace two license plate holders in my ownership because of this.

Sometimes the screws that attach the plate to the holder do this as well, though the screws supplied in the kit I believe are stainless, so if anything the threads on the inside get messed up.
    It was a pain but I still conquered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Hahaha. This is the back plate. Nahh I just gotta buy another screw, two actually since the remaining one is rusted. I had a screw that was the right size but longer than the original. I gave it a whirl and it threaded great but it got stuck and had to get some needle-noses to help thread it out.

Great looking Car.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome! Reading this brings back the fun of my "first drive!" Glad to see you enjoyed yours as well!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Welcome! The car looks great and sounds like it was well taken care off. Another Imola in the group

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast