Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

M-Tech bumper deal

Not sure where this post belongs, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if need be. See link below for limited time offer on new
    M-Tech bumpers from um-nitza. Haven't shopped these for price before, but looks like a good deal to me...

https://www.umnitza.com/bumpers-exte...-or-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    Not sure where this post belongs, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate forum if need be. See link below for limited time offer on new
    M-Tech bumpers from um-nitza. Haven't shopped these for price before, but looks like a good deal to me...

https://www.umnitza.com/bumpers-exte...-or-sedan.html
    Keep in mind these are aftermarket, not OE quality.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Understood, so the question becomes 'has anybody had any experience with these?'

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Keep in mind these are aftermarket, not OE quality.

sent from my Droid Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    Understood, so the question becomes 'has anybody had any experience with these?'
    No experience with this particular bumper, but my BMW tech friend says the OE ones are more resilient to flex, such as hitting a driveway with it. He says they are a lot less prone to cracking or otherwise chunking like you see with really cheap body kits on some cars. That's probably why they're so much more expensive.

I don't know what material these are made of, but I do know there are differences between OE and aftermarket.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for the input BP. Their web site says the bumpers are made (in Taiwan) of poly propylene. Don't know if that's good or bad.... Here's my dilemma: my 330Ci has 105k miles on it. Runs great, but has some cosmetic issues (minor now, but getting a little worse) I'm torn as to whether or not I should spend the bucks for repairs/paint or not. I'm not the kind that can just live with it and watch it get worse, that would drive me crazy. So, the front bumper being one of the issues, I thought this might be a nice, relatively inexpensive fix.

In a perfect world, I'd sell the car and look for a Mystic Blue ZHP coupe, but with my luck there wouldn't be any to be found... Agonizing!!

I'm running an Umnitza front bumper cover. Fit is good. No problems with installation. I had Umnitza pre-paint mine too and it's a perfect match.

The only slight misgiving I have is that these do not have corner reflectors (Coupe/Convertible - not sure about Sedan). For owners who would otherwise install painted corners that's a plus. Everything else about it is correct. Personally, I would have preferred reflectors for 100% factory appearance. But for the price 99% will do.

Name:  Umnitza-M-Tech-II.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  249.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bird-Dog View Post
    I'm running an Umnitza front bumper cover. Fit is good. No problems with installation. I had Umnitza pre-paint mine too and it's a perfect match.

The only slight misgiving I have is that these do not have corner reflectors (Coupe/Convertible - not sure about Sedan). For owners who would otherwise install painted corners that's a plus. Everything else about it is correct. Personally, I would have preferred reflectors for 100% factory appearance. But for the price 99% will do.
    How much did they charge for painting it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by VAB5 View Post
    How much did they charge for painting it for you?
    Painting is $295. Look on their website under "Bumpers". Painting is a separate entry, as though an item unto itself (rather than an option on the pull-down menus when putting the bumper into your cart). It'll show "call for quote", but once you use the pull-down options on it you'll see $295 for front bumper (same for rear, but there are kit & side-skirt options as well)

https://www.umnitza.com/bumpers-exte...g-quality.html

But, I'd still recommend phoning your order in. I seem to recall the sales rep finding me a better shipping rate than the website showed and doing door-to-door delivery instead of Greyhound terminal pick-up noted on the website.

BTW, I suppose it's possible to find a lower price for local painting. But, my local inquiries were unproductive. Several shops refused to do it unless I also paid them to install, and intended to use non-BMW paint match. Lowest quote with me supplying the cover was $600. Others insisted I would have to buy a cover through them, either an OEM at a much higher price or an AM of unknown origin.

As it turned out, I was very pleased with Umnitza's service. Painted by code for a perfect match. And they made a point to fully inform me upfront that it would take several extra days (painted to order, not stocked in colors). I was most impressed that they made sure I understood that even after spraying, the paint needed time to cure before they would ship in order to avoid any damage from packing materials (and it was very well packed!). Arrived perfectly intact, though I also gave it a few weeks of additional curing before I installed (waited out some cold winter weather - my old one was messed up from backing off a U-Haul trailer, but could stay put until I was ready).