Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Search functionality

I have this problem with BF.C too and would like to see if there is a way to improve our search capabilities here in ZHPMAFIA land.

Here is the issue with the car: occasionally at startup, rmps jump to 12-1400 for 1 sec, then they drop pretty low (~500) for a very short time and then bounce back up to 650 ish and stay steady. I think I need to clean my ICV right?

Here is the issue with the search while typing the following: rmp low startup.
    Search returns 5-6 threads that are not related (learned that dane's wife had lost the password to the computer though). Essentially nothing comes up that has the 3 words in a thread. I get rmp, low OR startup threads only.

Can we implement the use of quotes or AND statements in our search?

I think that as the site gets more plump with valuable info, newcomers will be searching for words that best describe the symptoms their car is experiencing and will likely need to add several words together. I can't get a good answer if I search rmp - right?

I am aware that I can also do a google search like this - site: zhpmafia.com rmp low startup and only one page comes up. If I put quotes around the 3 words, nothing pops up at all.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

The problem can be boiled down to this. The site does not return any hits for three letter words or less. By default it's four letters or more.

What's nice is that the site doesn't use more memory to store a bunch of useless three letter words. The downside is that it doesn't store any really useful three letter words either.

On the whole, though, the default setting serves the site well. If I enabled every possible thing on this site, people would complain that the site is too slow.

So, it's a constant judgment call around here. For now, we can search for four letter words and more.

Sorry about that, oli.

Forgot to mention: I often use google to find three letter words from our site. Go to google. Search only our site. Search the small words. It's been helpful to me.

Forgot to mention: I often use google to find three letter words from our site. Go to google. Search only our site. Search the small words. It's been helpful to me.
    Any chance we could get a google search plugin on the title bar? I've seen this on other sites - is this a possibility with vbulletin? Or not something we'd want to do?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Might just be me being lazy. Most browsers have a search feature that can be set to google. I think there is syntax we can use to search just ZHP mafia.com in that search pane - I just don't remember what it is...

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

I will look into the google search plugin.

I understand your argument with the 3 or greater letters in a word, but my question has nothing to do with the number of words.

I am talking about being able to search a combination of words (all greater than 3 letters). I guess the word rmp in my original post got you focusing on that issue.

I am asking about being able to implement quotation marks or AND. Example, can I search for slow AND startup AND disa ?

Will it return all treads that have those 3 words together within one post?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

I will find a primer for you, oli. I have seen one for this forum. Shows all of the tips and tricks for searching.

I don't know what a primer is but I am honored boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77
    I don't know what a primer is but I am honored boss!
    A primer is a good thing, oli. You'll enjoy. Probably not a bad thing to have on this site. We can all use a manual on this stuff.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast